Mac Address Book synchronization with Android device - iCloud problem
Feb 24, '12 07:30:00AM
Contributed by: nissebanan
I wanted to sync my Address Book on my MacBook Pro running Mac OS X to an Android device. The problem is that I use iCloud for syncing between my Mac and my iDevices (iPhone, iPad) via the iCloud service.
I found a solution for syncing between Mac OS X and Android with some tweaking. Download SyncMate and install it on the Mac. The free version handles Address Books. Then download SyncMate from Android Market on your Android device and install it.
Now all the addresses in Contacts groups are copied to the Android device. When you add new addresses on the Mac you have to copy them manually to the Contacts group and resync.
- Start the SyncMate.app on your Mac and select 'Add Connection.'
- Select 'Android Device.'
- Select Wifi, assuming you use Wifi on the Android device.
- Enter the IP address of the Android device.
- Start the sync.
- Open Address Book on the Mac.
- Select Groups under the View menu.
- Click on 'All iCloud' and then select all the addresses you want to copy to the Android device.
- Drag the addresses to Contacts group.
- Starts the sync again in SyncMate.
[crarko adds: It looks like the free version may also handle calendars. If anyone out there with an Android tries this out, please post your results.]
Mac OS X Hints