Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

by the way | 78 comments | Create New Account
Click here to return to the 'by the way' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
by the way
Authored by: qwerty denzel on Apr 25, '08 11:38:30PM

Can you mention what makes IE so much better and Safari (or others) so much worse?

by the way
Authored by: imperialline on Apr 26, '08 12:48:05AM

I would not like to get into the religious war about the browsers and I did not say that IE was much nicer. I said that it was the only browser that worked for now. It can be attributed to the fact that the business and most the web developers out there use the MS proprietary technology such as Active X. I know that is the pain on the neck for the people who fight for the standard (but what the standard anyway).

by the way
Authored by: S on Apr 29, '08 09:26:18AM
Can you also mention why you insist on spelling Mac in all capital letters?

by the way
Authored by: imperialline on Apr 29, '08 10:04:54AM

> Can you also mention why you insist on spelling Mac in all capital letters?

This is an interesting (funny) question. I have never thought about how I spell a "Mac", but does it really matter? This is my way and I do it whatever way I like.

This question reminds me of some countries where I used to live and work. In these countries, people are taught to memorize things, to follow the rules down to some trivial matters. As a result of this kind of education, there is very little original thinking despite a large percentage of educated population.

> [[It's been ages since I came across a website which actually required ActiveX.]]

Well, I think that you probably use your browser for general browsing. There are lots of institutions out there where the only reasonable way to remotely access their systems is though IE and some Active X scripts (VPN is not allowed). Of course, you can use FF (Safari) + Java but it does not work well.

by the way
Authored by: S on Apr 30, '08 01:56:16PM

This could get interesting. Know any deep thought discussion forums out there?

by the way
Authored by: S on May 01, '08 08:55:19AM
I just realised why "MAC" annoys me so much more than, say, "Ipod". MACMac.

by the way
Authored by: rab777hp on May 10, '08 04:38:53PM

I think the you- the original reply meant in the first comment IE for windows, which is awesome, we mean mac, ie for mac is terrible and dead

by the way
Authored by: rab777hp on May 10, '08 04:40:29PM

by the way
Authored by: imperialline on May 10, '08 10:35:18PM

Correct!

Who is in the right mind using the old ie for mac?