Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the '10.5: Add a 'recent things' stack to the Dock' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
10.5: Add a 'recent things' stack to the Dock
Authored by: diskostu on Nov 16, '07 11:11:13AM
I used a similar command:

defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-others -array-add '{ "fan-data" = { "list-type" = 1; }; "fan-type" = "recents-tile"; }'

So I replaced "tile" by "fan". After "killall Dock", my Dock was gone, even after a clean reboot. Any idea? Any help is greatly appreciated.

10.5: Add a 'recent things' stack to the Dock
Authored by: diskostu on Nov 16, '07 11:14:02AM
Ah, I figured it out by myself. In case anyone has the same problem, just type

defaults delete com.apple.dock persistent-others

and the Dock should appear again.

10.5: Add a 'recent things' stack to the Dock
Authored by: soulbarn on Nov 16, '07 03:06:10PM

Ack! My dock (and cmd-tab) vanished after trying out the tip. and the solution posted (defaults delete com.apple.dock persistent-others) doesn't work! What to do?

10.5: Add a 'recent things' stack to the Dock
Authored by: soulbarn on Nov 16, '07 03:33:41PM

A restart brought the dock back. But not with the recent items stack. I'm going to try again...

10.5: Add a 'recent things' stack to the Dock
Authored by: shockthealien on Feb 05, '10 06:54:34AM

The same happened to me but a restart didnt bring it back.

I tried to use some newer code from lower down the thread but when I do "killall dock" it says "No matching processes belonging to you were found"

No I have no dock or dashboard or expose or alt+tab or active corners...

Please help

10.5: Add a 'recent things' stack to the Dock
Authored by: antiorario on Nov 17, '07 02:46:05AM
My suggestion would be to either reset the dock by erasing ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Dock.plist or pick an older version of it using Time Machine, then doing a killall Dock in Terminal.