Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

"Never"? | 18 comments | Create New Account
Click here to return to the '"Never"?' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
"Never"?
Authored by: soundsgoodtome on Oct 19, '07 03:50:12PM

To those who are "never going to upgrade," I ask, "Why?"

"Never"?
Authored by: Lou Kash on Oct 20, '07 07:48:25AM

Do I need to run Classic on my PowerBook?
Do I have enough space on its internal HD for a separate Volume with Tiger to run Classic?
Is "Full Unicode Support for AppleScript" - the only new "feature" that REALLY caught my attention - worth CHF 189?

So, after *carefully* reading the page with those 300+ "features", I can say that I can live and work happily without Leopard, because for most of the other new useful features (this time without quotes!) I already have working 3rd party solutions.

That said, it's likely that I'll purchase a new MBP within the next few years which will come with Leo preinstalled. This option is missing in this poll.

"Never"?
Authored by: itistoday on Oct 20, '07 08:29:11AM

You can find 3rd party software to replace Leopard's features, but you can't find 3rd party software to replace what you need in Classic?

"Never"?
Authored by: zpjet on Oct 21, '07 11:32:06PM

Nice one ;)

"Never"?
Authored by: Lou Kash on Oct 22, '07 08:08:24AM

Re: "You can find 3rd party software to replace Leopard's features"

I'm not even searching it, I've got already everything I need for quite some time, before I knew what Leo will bring. No need to change running workflows.

Re: "but you can't find 3rd party software to replace what you need in Classic?"

Hm, so you would be probably upgrading Freehand 9 to Freehand MX, wouldn't you...?
Not that I use FH9 daily or even weekly, but there are still times when I need to open an old layout which is not worth rebuilding in InDesign or in Illustrator.

"Never"?
Authored by: bossross on Oct 20, '07 11:19:12PM

I just moved from OS X to Ubuntu, about a month ago, because there is no good focus-follows-mouse implementation in OS X. Almost every time I used my Mac I wanted to throw it out a window because it just wouldn't behave properly, luckily (k)Ubuntu stepped up and saved me from having to switch back to Windows + True X-Mouse.

"Never"?
Authored by: baltwo on Oct 21, '07 01:28:29AM

Because Apple deemed my G4, 450 MP unsuitable. If and when someone puts out a hack that'll bypass that limitation (i.e., reading the machine's processor speed), then I'll upgrade. Any takers??