Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Take iSight snapshots during invalid login attempts' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Take iSight snapshots during invalid login attempts
Authored by: tehrob on Jul 10, '07 09:04:40PM
Well, from the horses mouth:

NOTE: AuthSight does not work with OSX 10.4.10. I have no plans to further support this tool until Apple replaces the crippled LCD display in my notebook capable of displaying only 242K colors in spite of their false advertising.

Take iSight snapshots during invalid login attempts
Authored by: teja on Jul 12, '07 04:01:22AM

Can someone please explain how I can get authsightd working on OS X 10.4.10?

Take iSight snapshots during invalid login attempts
Authored by: teja on Jul 12, '07 04:25:18AM

I know no scripting. Can someone please help me get authsight working on OS X 10.4.10?

Take iSight snapshots during invalid login attempts
Authored by: a_calder on Oct 03, '07 09:12:11PM

Anyone know what the obstacle to get this working in 10.4.10? I'd love to get this going.

A.

Take iSight snapshots during invalid login attempts
Authored by: r00st3r on Oct 16, '07 04:25:03PM
The maker of iAlertU has camcapture which is very similar though the big difference is that it works with 10.4.10 (well at least for me it does on a dual 450MHz G4).

I am currently in the process of creating a custom shell script that will execute at login/screensaver disable/wake from sleep and take a picture of the person and a screenshot after a set time and then email the whole "kit 'n kaboodle" to the owner/concerned party/spying techie (the later is highly less likely ;) ).

Take iSight snapshots during invalid login attempts
Authored by: =RS= on Nov 20, '07 07:47:07AM

For me authsight is working again with 10.4.11
So Apple seems to have repaired something :)