Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Queue an iTunes song after currently playing library song' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Queue an iTunes song after currently playing library song
Authored by: Laner on Apr 24, '07 01:58:38AM

Please post the script you use. I would love to be able to move my playing song to Party Shuffle

Queue an iTunes song after currently playing library song
Authored by: itrebax on Apr 24, '07 08:16:15AM

Just change "Queue" to "Party Shuffle" or whatever playlist you want to use as a target.

Queue an iTunes song after currently playing library song
Authored by: itrebax on Apr 24, '07 08:24:49AM
Although if you just want to move the currently playing track to party shuffle, you can use this simpler script.

tell application "iTunes"
	set queuePlaylist to playlist "Party Shuffle"
	if current playlist is not queuePlaylist then
		set curtrack to (duplicate current track to queuePlaylist)
		set playPosition to player position
		play curtrack
		set player position to playPosition
	end if
end tell

Queue an iTunes song after currently playing library song
Authored by: Laner on Apr 24, '07 11:01:26AM

But what triggers at end of party shuffle or next in shuffle?

Queue an iTunes song after currently playing library song
Authored by: itrebax on Apr 24, '07 11:56:18AM

I don't understand your question.

Queue an iTunes song after currently playing library song
Authored by: Laner on Apr 24, '07 11:58:39PM

When I run the script with "Party Shuffle" the song gets added to the end of the playlist. I would like one that adds the selected song as next in party shuffle.

Queue an iTunes song after currently playing library song
Authored by: itrebax on Apr 25, '07 12:08:26PM
Have you seen the comments in this thread?

Queue an iTunes song after currently playing library song
Authored by: Laner on Apr 25, '07 12:28:06PM

Yes. But I use quicksilver. So I'm trying to make a script the will replace the "add to next" and "add to" options in Quicksilver. Because I'm not always in PArty Shuffle. So a script that does the same and moves the currently playing would be nice.