Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Fix fading sound in Apple's in-ear headphones' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Fix fading sound in Apple's in-ear headphones
Authored by: DougAdams on Feb 09, '07 08:07:34AM

Uhm...or you could clean your ears more regularly.

---
Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes

Fix fading sound in Apple's in-ear headphones
Authored by: jctull on Feb 09, '07 08:47:21AM

You beat me to this one.

Fix fading sound in Apple's in-ear headphones
Authored by: DougAdams on Feb 09, '07 09:31:22AM
Just in case ;)

---
Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes

Fix fading sound in Apple's in-ear headphones
Authored by: Shawn Parr on Feb 09, '07 10:32:27AM

I have a set of Etymotic headphones which are similar. I also clean my ears everyday, sometimes multiple times a day, and yes wax buildup still occurs. Your ears produce wax, and if you have something that sits inside your ears it will collect a lot of it.

The Etymotics actually have replaceable filters on the headphones because of this.

Fix fading sound in Apple's in-ear headphones
Authored by: leeww on Feb 10, '07 03:13:17AM

It is no good to simply tell the original poster to clean his ears more - it is the cleaning process that causes the wax build up.

When something foreign is inserted into the ear canal - the ear will produce wax to get rid of the foreign body.

Wax is a sign of an ear cleaning itself - it is not a sign of an 'unclean' ear.

If you use 'in-ear' headphones you are more likely to suffer excess ear wax and possible blockages.

---
Help!

Truth be told
Authored by: DougAdams on Feb 09, '07 12:16:53PM
OK, the truth is that I suffer from tintinus, AKA Ringing In The Ears. Totally sucks since I'm an audio guy. Totally Super sucks because I can't hear a damned thing when the TV or radio or refrigerator or other thing is on in the background and my wife or my child is trying to talk to me. When two noises are going at once I cannot hear either: it's all noise. Apparently, the Things that detect certain frequencies in my ears are busted, such that I Always hear those frequencies. DIIIINNNGGGGG. All the time.

Take care of your ears. Take care of your ears. What? Take care of your ears.

---