Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!


Click here to return to the 'Found the fault and dual languages' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Found the fault and dual languages
Authored by: terekkincaid on Aug 14, '06 09:44:51PM

Woot, gratz to the poster for winning 3rd place.

Ok, I found the typos. In the Photocast template folder is an item called "exporter". That's where the previously mentioned typos/omissions are. Make the fixes to that file (just open it in the text editor) and you're good to go: all photocasts you generate will be viewable under any RSS reader, not just Safari. I've tested it on Safari, Sage RSS for Firefox on Windows, and the Internet Explorer 7 beta (works just like Safari). Maybe the author could update the original file to make this unnecessary?

Also, I am setting up a dual language photocast (English and Japanese for the in-laws). But, I don't want to waste a lot of space on my website. No problem. I export the photocast on my English iPhoto library. Then I switch to my Japanese caption library (using the free iPhoto library manager) and export again. I just rename the japanese "index.rss" to "indexjp.rss", put it in the same locatoin on my website as the English index.rss and photos. Both .rss files reference the same photos, just with different captions. Only a few extra kb instead of extra GB.



[ Reply to This | # ]
Found the fault and dual languages
Authored by: sd on Aug 28, '06 01:05:30PM

thanks a lot for your feedback and advice.
I will integer your changes to next version.



[ Reply to This | # ]