Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Remove extra languages & sym link problem' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Remove extra languages & sym link problem
Authored by: PCguy on May 08, '02 07:33:44PM

Since every little bit of HD space counts, to get rid of all those extra languages, select the icon for iPhoto, choose get info from the file menu, choose languages, and 'remove' each language you don't want. Now inorder to remove a language it must be checked, so don't do like I did and uncheck them, then try and remove em. Just click each one and hit remove.

On another note, Apple seems to have partially improved their installer. I was NOT able to install iPhoto because my applications folder is on a separate HD and sym linked to the main hard drive. The installer won't erase the sym link anymore (old ones would) but it also wouldn't install the new iPhoto until I removed the sym link, and created a new and empty Applications folder. It'd be really nice if they added the ability to follow sym links soon.

Remove extra languages & sym link problem
Authored by: humu on May 09, '02 01:05:55PM

Thanks. I've no need for Korean iTunes!

Removing Extra Languages
Authored by: Jacques on May 09, '02 01:14:33PM

Thanks for the tip.

I seem to remember a program somewhere that goes through MULTIPLE applications by scanning the drive, to remove extra language installs. Anyone remember the name of it?

Removing Extra Languages
Authored by: Drogoul on May 09, '02 06:30:25PM
Try Monolingual (http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=13031&db=mac). Good, efficient and ... free :)

Removing Extra Languages... Help!
Authored by: jiclark on May 11, '02 01:50:35PM

Dagnabit, I went and checked this out on my copy of iTunes, and somehow I deleted my english language 'file'! Does anyone know how to get it back short of reinstalling the program? Is it possible for someone to email me their copy? (Where are these things located, anyway?) I feel really stupid, but seeing all my menu headings, commands, and column titles in danish or swedish or whatever it is, is a little unnerving. The ones I left in under the language tab of the Get Info window all have cryptic two letter names like 'da' and 'no', and a couple have the names 'zh_CN' and 'zh_DR' (or something like that).

Can anyone help me out? <sheepish grin>!

John-o

Woohoo! Nevermind...
Authored by: jiclark on May 11, '02 01:57:26PM

As I was writing the above, I remembered about Pacifist! Man, I LOVE stuff like that! (I've used TomeViewer for years under the old Mac OS as well...) Less than a minute later, I've got my english language back!! Can't recommend Pacifist enough!

</sheepish grin>