Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the '10.4: Use two-finger right-click on MacBook Pros' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
10.4: Use two-finger right-click on MacBook Pros
Authored by: Lutin on Jun 29, '06 09:27:44AM

Any hack available somewhere on the internet to enable this on Powerbook 15", non-intel.
Mine supports two fingers scrolling, so I suppose It would be possible to enable two fingers click detection and bind it to right click.

10.4: Use two-finger right-click on MacBook Pros
Authored by: denckwanzer on Jun 29, '06 09:59:41AM

I've bee looking for that, too (for my 12" PowerBook that supports 2-finger scrolling).

10.4: Use two-finger right-click on MacBook Pros
Authored by: fredrikw on Jun 29, '06 10:47:51AM

Have you tried iScroll2, it worked great on my iBook at least.

/Fredrik

10.4: Use two-finger right-click on MacBook Pros
Authored by: zane on Jul 01, '06 04:26:49AM

iScroll doesn't not work with the scrolling-trackpad (late-model) PowerBooks.

10.4: Use two-finger right-click on MacBook Pros
Authored by: Lutin on Jul 02, '06 09:03:38AM
From the description of iScroll 2:
Models that have two-finger scrolling already built-in are not supported! These use a completely different, USB-based trackpad, the driver or which is not available as open source.

So, my laptop is too old or too young to get right clicking working with the touchpad.

10.4: Use two-finger right-click on MacBook Pros
Authored by: strikeman on Jun 29, '06 06:09:18PM

Sidetrack gives you one finger right-click and much more. Check it out.

10.4: Use two-finger right-click on MacBook Pros
Authored by: zane on Jul 01, '06 04:42:16AM

Yes, but it also overrides the default two-finger scrolling when enabled. This means you lose two-finger scrolling functionality on PowerBooks, MacBooks and MBP's, in favor of SideTrack's own absolute-tracking scroll method.

This is undesirable for those of us who prefer the Apple default two-finger scrolling method, and for me is not worth the trade-off for tap-corners (which I've always found to be rather finicky to use).

I've would love to see a two-finger right-click hack for the USB-trackpad 2005/06 PowerBooks. I was hoping Apple would think of us in 10.4.7. I guess not.