Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Install Windows Vista in Virtual PC 7' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Install Windows Vista in Virtual PC 7
Authored by: Norton on Jun 12, '06 10:49:16AM

After filtering the whining and digs towards MS the article basicly says:

1. VPC doesn't recognize DVD images greater than 2.2 GB.
2. VPC allows you to set 'ACPI Aware OS' to 'Yes.'
3. It takes about two and half hours to install Vista.
4. Vista runs slowly in VPC.

Install Windows Vista in Virtual PC 7
Authored by: lrivers on Jun 12, '06 11:42:08AM

And what did you contribute? I didn't know that it was necessary to change the BIOS setting to get Vista to work on VPC...

Install Windows Vista in Virtual PC 7
Authored by: Norton on Jun 12, '06 12:08:52PM

You just read and replied to what I contributed. I'm glad you found my list useful.

Install Windows Vista in Virtual PC 7
Authored by: megagram on Jun 12, '06 12:35:15PM

You gotta just love people like 'Norton'! Really makes you wonder what their purpose in life is.

Oh, how our world would be such a different place without 'em.

Install Windows Vista in Virtual PC 7
Authored by: GaelicWizard on Jun 12, '06 12:55:13PM

What was the point of your reply? I'm just curious...

---
Pell

Install Windows Vista in Virtual PC 7
Authored by: mike666 on Jun 12, '06 01:10:43PM

I agree with Norton. I'm going to petition Rob to change the hints submission form so that hints must be entered as numbered instructional entries of no more than 100 characters each. I won't rest until MacOSXHints is as grey, soul-less, and unimaginative as Redmond in the dead of Winter.

Install Windows Vista in Virtual PC 7
Authored by: vykor on Jun 12, '06 02:03:08PM

So you went through the entire registration process this morning just to be a troll. Well, I suppose at least you're not a lazy troll.

Install Windows Vista in Virtual PC 7
Authored by: mike666 on Jun 12, '06 06:43:13PM

Actually I'm a long-time contributor. Norton's dross and pedantic reply to a potentially useful hint I thought deserved a response. This is my first attempt at trolling. Sorry if it's not up to your standards :)

Install Windows Vista in Virtual PC 7
Authored by: mike666 on Jun 12, '06 07:33:04PM

Vykor, after posting this it occurred that your post was likely not directed at me; if that's the case then my humble apologies. It's just that my thinky-thing hurts when confronted with an intellect as wondrous as Norton's. Or maybe it's just an instinctive reaction to the name "Norton" in context with any kind of Mac troubleshooting...