Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Display | 43 comments | Create New Account
Click here to return to the 'Display' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Display
Authored by: davew135 on Jun 05, '06 09:15:49AM

Can somebody post a screenshot of this display? Would this be something a MacBook Pro user would benefit from; I'm not interested in risking something as vital as email to 'test' a patch if it has no real good use for me.

---
I know I am wrong, you don't have to tell me.

Display
Authored by: mithras on Jun 05, '06 09:30:19AM

Hi. I'm the developer of the plugin.

Most people with MBP-sized screens (1440 wide) seem pretty happy with it. At MacBook or older TiBook resolutions (1280), reaction is more mixed, with a majority against it.

When I get some free time in the next couple of weeks, I'll look at developing an improved version that can show subjects on a second line. This initial version was a one-hour hack -- I really didn't anticipate that it'd become so widespread so quickly :).

---
Listen To My iTunes Library (6500+ songs, iTunes 4 required)

Display
Authored by: rmiller021 on Jun 05, '06 05:51:53PM
I use this plugin now happly on my TIbook at 1280x854

I used the scale factor hint from a while back to adjust the window size.
This command will reduce the size of mail by 25%
defaults write com.apple.mail AppleDisplayScaleFactor -string "0.75"
Here is a screen shot.

---
I have no clue what i am doing

Display
Authored by: bkemper on Jun 06, '06 08:11:58AM

Note that if you like to see the icons at the top of the window, they will be messed up.

Display
Authored by: rmiller021 on Jun 06, '06 09:48:26AM

Sorry, i forgot to mention that.

---
I have no clue what i am doing

Display
Authored by: d. on Jun 06, '06 12:46:41AM

I really like the plugin. Amazing work!

However, on an aesthetic point of view, could tou make the light grey vertical space between the message and preview column 1 pixel wide?
It's now a approx. 10 px wide, color #e1e1e1, I would like to see it 1 px and color #939393, just like the divider between the mailboxes and the message columns.

Regards.

Display
Authored by: bkemper on Jun 06, '06 07:56:30AM

Seems logical, except that at 1 pixel it would be hard to grab to adjust width without hitting the scrollbar, unless he put a "grabber" area above the scroll bar.

Display
Authored by: bombcar on Jun 05, '06 09:44:53AM
Try http://schnecke.bombcar.com/random/ars/MailScreenSnapz001.png or read the thread, there are a few images.