Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!


Click here to return to the 'update: it seems to be a bug in Mail.app's implemtation of "Exchange server", not imapfilter.pl' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
update: it seems to be a bug in Mail.app's implemtation of "Exchange server", not imapfilter.pl
Authored by: moritzh on May 22, '06 10:01:21AM

I spent hours trying everything I could think of before posting the above and `blaming' imapfilter.pl, but of course I could only find the reason afterwards...

It seems to be a bug in Mail.app's implementation of the "Exchange" account type. Reasons:
1) When I created a new account of type "IMAP" rather than "Exchange", either using imapfilter.pl or not, I could see all messages.
2) When I changed my existing "Exchange" account to an "IMAP" account, it worked too. (Note: You can't change it in the GUI. I made the change directly in the com.apple.mail.plist file. It's a bit ugly because you have to re-enter your username and password and you first get a prompt for user '(null)' etc., but it eventually worked for me.) And it stopped working again when I changed the "IMAP" account to an "Exchange" account.
3) Other steps (deleting cache files, deleting the local copies of the messages on the server, recreating the file "Envelope Index", rebuilding all mailboxes etc.) did not help.

Note: When you try do repeat anything I did like modify com.apple.mail.plist, ***make a backup of your entire ~/Library/Mail folder!***

P.S.: My server *is* an Exchange Server of course...
P.P.S.: Most of the messages I could not see in the beginning were mail delivery failure notifications from my mail system, *but not all*. There were also some `normal' messages in between.



[ Reply to This | # ]