Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'It's the syncing' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
It's the syncing
Authored by: friedmaj on Feb 09, '06 09:31:49AM

I'm sure Firefox is excellent, but it would have to be MUCH better than Safari for me to give up the automatic bookmark syncing I get via .Mac. I routinely use 4-5 different Macs, so that's a big plus.

It's the syncing
Authored by: zelet on Feb 09, '06 09:58:25AM

That is one reason I'm with Firefox. I can sync my bookmarks between my Windows machines and my macs with an extension called "Bookmarks Synchronizer."

It's the syncing
Authored by: osxpounder on Feb 09, '06 08:53:51PM

I was so excited when I saw your mention of "Bookmarks Synchronizer", and then so bummed out when I learned it can't be had for my version of FireFox. Bummer.

---
osxpounder

It's the syncing
Authored by: zelet on Feb 10, '06 07:42:18AM

What version are you using it on? I have the latest version and it works great.

It's the syncing
Authored by: jbgoode on Feb 09, '06 01:07:09PM

that's what del.icio.us is for. you can sync firefox's bookmarks with your del.icio.us bookmarks with the extension foxylicious.

It's the syncing - BookIt
Authored by: mbaudis on Feb 09, '06 03:51:00PM

BookIt. Shareware, but syncs between all browsers and .Mac

Especially helpful, since I switch every quarter to a new browser... Though for a while now, Firefox (with GrApple theme, Adblock, Informenter) has been the 98% browser - with rare stupid sites making me use Safari sometimes.

Keychain would be nice, though ...

It's the syncing - BookIt
Authored by: mnewman on Feb 10, '06 06:29:51PM

Based on your post I downloaded and paid for Bookit. Unfortunately, I can't get Dot Mac syncing to work with it. I wrote the author and here's his reply:

"I'll certainly look into this and I'll be sure to get this working correctly in the next version of Bookit."

Are you really able sync non-Safari browsers via Dot Mac using Bookit?

---