Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Use multiple remote speakers at once in iTunes' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Use multiple remote speakers at once in iTunes
Authored by: superg on Jan 16, '06 08:26:29AM

Has anyone gotten this to work, using a Linksys WRT54G running in WDS with the airport express? I have the option the select multiple speakers, but when I do I get an error saying "Problem connecting to remote speakers". I read that certain UDP ports have to be open, but I have my firewall turned off.

It's weird because I can send to my express or play it locally, but I can't do both.

Use multiple remote speakers at once in iTunes
Authored by: umijin on Jan 16, '06 09:11:12AM

I just wish iTunes would stop 'losing' my remote speakers every time I go into sleep mode or start iTunes. It's annoying when I use FrontRow.

The new multiple speaker mode hasn't changed this much, except that it doesn't announce that the speakers can't be found. It just uses the computer's speakers without changing the indicator.

Go figure.

Use multiple remote speakers at once in iTunes
Authored by: adamwebb on Jan 16, '06 02:48:41PM

Has anyone found a fix for the error mentioned above. Mine reports error code -3256. I've tried with the firewall off, and I have the latest 6.3 firmware applied. (I'm running iTunes 6.0.2 on OS 10.4.4)

See error:

Use multiple remote speakers at once in iTunes
Authored by: umijin on Jan 17, '06 07:28:25AM

My error message is different. It just tells me the remote speakers cannot be found.

On the Apple discussion boards, someone suggested I change the Channel Airport uses, as I was having other problems keeping the connection up. The idea was that there was RF interference. That solved my airport issue, but didn't do anything for the lost speaker problem.

Use multiple remote speakers at once in iTunes
Authored by: beal on Jan 18, '06 11:07:27AM

I also have this exact problem, and would be grateful if someone finds the solution to post here. I have tried different channels, encryption on/off etc. I can play to either computer or express, but not both.

Use multiple remote speakers at once in iTunes
Authored by: beal on Jan 18, '06 11:20:00AM

There is an answer, which has worked for me at

Read all the way to the bottom where it cautions about allowing all UDP traffic.

Cheers