Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Set movies as music videos in iTunes6' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Set movies as music videos in iTunes6
Authored by: guardian34 on Nov 30, '05 08:57:58AM

I believe iTunes currently stores these values this way:

Music Video

Comment Problem
Authored by: guardian34 on Nov 30, '05 09:00:51AM

That didn't display correctly after I submitted it (it looked correct while previewing).

Basically, there is a "Music Video" value that is set to true or false.

Comment Problem
Authored by: windrag on Nov 30, '05 10:18:28AM

This is good to know. Now, does anyone know how to set the property of an mp3 to 'Audiobook' so that it shows when 'Audiobook' is chosen in the Search bar?

---
windrag | 700MHz iBook 16 VRAM G3 | 640MB RAM | OS X 10.4.3

Comment Problem
Authored by: leenoble_uk on Nov 30, '05 12:25:36PM

I believe audiobooks are defined by the file extension .m4b
You can change any m4a to an m4b but it would have to be an AAC file in the first place not an MP3, although having said that I know mp3 podcasts behave similarly. I think there is a podcast keyword you can use to define an MP3 as such but I haven't investigated.

---
Brought to you by S C Johnson, a family multinational conglomerate.

Setting audiobooks and TV Shows
Authored by: WarmBadger on Nov 30, '05 01:02:40PM
The previous comment is correct regarding audiobooks and i've converted many this way with success. As far as making the type 'TV Shows' someone has been working on a way and has had some success. He's even created a little app to do the work for you:

Setting audiobooks and TV Shows
Authored by: windrag on Nov 30, '05 04:03:47PM

I tried converting the mp3 to AAC, then changing the extension to .m4b, but the file still doesn't show up as an Audiobook when I select 'Audiobooks' in the Search Bar. I even tried deleting it from the Library and re-adding it. Am I missing something?

---