Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Read Hotmail with Mail.app' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Read Hotmail with Mail.app
Authored by: mrkino on Nov 17, '05 09:40:45PM

i know this might seem obvious but why even bother with hotmail? Gmail... 2gig+ and you can use pop with little effort. Btw my first post here. =)

Read Hotmail with Mail.app
Authored by: zalmy on Nov 17, '05 11:04:16PM

can u use mail for gmail?
i wish i could!

Read Hotmail with Mail.app
Authored by: moofie on Nov 19, '05 12:45:49AM
Umm, yeah...

---
Why yes! I AM a rocket scientist!

Read Hotmail with Mail.app
Authored by: zalmy on Nov 17, '05 11:04:25PM

can u use mail for gmail?
i wish i could!

Read Hotmail with Mail.app
Authored by: ms_t_rie on Nov 18, '05 06:04:35AM

I have been using the same hotmail account for longer than MS has owned it :) So I'm reluctant to switch to another account, not having to change the email address was the primary reason for me to use a web-based email account in the first place! :)

If I were to switch it wouldn't be to gmail though, I really don't want to be part of a service that reads every piece of mail I send or receive and serves up advertising to me based on it. I try to block all the ads I can as it is, last thing I need is more of it! Not to mention the total lack of privacy. (sure, other sites MIGHT be scanning also, but I don't think they are actually ACTING on all the info, just scanning for certain keywords)

Read Hotmail with Mail.app
Authored by: flynnguy on Nov 18, '05 07:15:33AM

So instead of using a service where they tell you exactly what they are doing with your email (automatically scanning it for keywords and offering keyword related advertisements that are unobtrusive) You would rather use a company that secretly scans your emails and does something with it while offering obtrusive advertising with flashy graphics?

Read Hotmail with Mail.app
Authored by: ms_t_rie on Nov 18, '05 07:55:20AM

what graphics? I am using mail.app to get my mail, there's no graphics involved :) besides, I've had the address for YEARS, and have still manage to avoid the over-flooding of spam that I would get in less than a month on ISP provided accounts (the very worst being AOL)