Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Little Applescript Droplet' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Little Applescript Droplet
Authored by: dean_muc on Oct 17, '05 03:05:22PM
I have written a quick'n'dirty Applescript Droplet to makes things a little easier. Just drag your movie files on the Droplet - that's all.

The Droplet accepts mov, mpg, mpeg, mp4, avi, wmv, swf files, converts them to QuickTime media links and then adds the files to iTunes.

Movie2iTunes.zip (about 23 KB)

On the first run you're asked to pick a folder for the "QuickTime media links" - I have made a new folder in my Movie folder, but you can choose any other folder, too

Little Applescript Droplet
Authored by: dogboy on Oct 18, '05 03:02:40AM

Thanks! My efforts were coming to nothing. This works great for me.

Little Applescript Droplet
Authored by: webertk421 on Oct 18, '05 11:21:16AM

I'm prompted to find "GrowlHelperApp.app" when I run this droplet. Do you know what this is, why I need it or where to get it?

New Applescript Droplet without Growl
Authored by: dean_muc on Oct 18, '05 11:34:33AM
As some people have reported problems with the Growl Helper App, I have made a version of the Droplet without Growl.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Movie2iTunes_wo_Growl.zip (about 23 kb)

Andree

Little Applescript Droplet
Authored by: sjk on Oct 18, '05 01:30:53PM

Thanks, Andree. How hard would it be to write an Automator version?

Little Applescript Droplet
Authored by: thiefhunter on Oct 18, '05 11:04:30PM

I can't get this to work for me, with or without growl. Trying to bring in a couple of .wmv files, which were actually created on a pc (not mine!). Then again, I can't drag _any_ movies into the iTunes window, not even .mov files. Ideas?

Little Applescript Droplet
Authored by: dean_muc on Oct 18, '05 11:55:59PM
> a couple of .wmv files
To playback WMV files with QuickTime you'll need WMV Player - the demo version plays the first half of a WMV file only.

Are you using the latest version of QT and iTunes?

Little Applescript Droplet
Authored by: thiefhunter on Oct 19, '05 11:21:19PM

--Are you using the latest version of QT and iTunes?--

Yes, both. QT 7.0.3 and iTunes 6.

Little Applescript Droplet
Authored by: PlxoGuy on Nov 05, '05 12:57:48AM

I have the same lack of success with WMV files and wondered if you found a way to add them to iTunes. After solving the mystery of the avi movies, wmv is my only remaining non-iTunes entertainment folder.

Little Applescript Droplet
Authored by: matfitz on Oct 21, '05 06:07:51AM

I tried both versions w or w/o growl, but when I drag a movie over the droplet, nothing happens, as if the droplet wasn't recognizing that there was something over it. What am I doing wrong? Running Tiger, Itunes 6, Qt 7 pro.

and btw, when I first starte movie2itunes, it never asked me where I wanted to put the links....

cheers, this looks awesome

Little Applescript Droplet
Authored by: Casemon on Sep 06, '08 11:32:30AM

Using the latest version with latest Leopard and latest ITunes gives a funny error if I choose a Media folder on a different drive than the Leopard drive. Strange, as in either case, it seems it creates the stub video files and places them in the Media folder correctly, but then doesn't add them to ITunes (though the applet reports that it did).

Seems like a cool applet. Any chance for update to this?