Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Add iSync 2.1 support for Nokia NSeries N90/N70' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Authored by: pinoybrother on Oct 11, '05 04:05:29PM

here's an updated howto add support for N90/N70:

Applications-iSync-Contents-Plugins-ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice-Contents-Plugins-PhoneModelsSync.phoneplugin-Contents-Resources

<key>com.nokia.N90</key>
<key>PhoneIcon</key>
<string>NOKN90.tiff</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>

Just change the last string to whatever you named your tiff icon. NSeries will sync perfectly (Address Book and iCal).

Image:

Authored by: tone on Oct 14, '05 04:18:22PM

Ok, I've tried to use this in different ways - and I can't make it work. I've got a Nokia N70, and have changed all N90 to N70 in the thread.
But: in Bluetooth the iSync choice is greyed out (only connecting to internet possible) and in iSync the phone is discovered, with picture and the message "This device is not supported in iSync".
I've tried to use the original N90 text - changing the name on my phone, also don't work.
Any suggestions?
And - how can I save the nice N70 picture in the "This device is not supported in iSync" message as a .tiff file?

Authored by: nadim on Oct 18, '05 08:29:14AM

I tried with my N90 : same problem as tone! What should I try ?

Authored by: davidphilpo on Nov 27, '05 01:40:49AM

Hi please can you help I am getting the following message on the screen when I try to run the app downloaded to the phone by isync "installation security error unable to install"

Authored by: davidphilpo on Nov 27, '05 02:13:11AM

Have managed to resolve my issue by going to; tools/manager/options/settings and changed software installation option to on instead of signed only.

As for your issue I would go back to the original message in this forum and copy and paste instead of changing manually. This will ensure that things are as they should be. Give it a try and see how you go, you will also find tiff instructions there. Good luck.

Authored by: danielofman on Jan 17, '06 12:58:04PM

I got exactly the same message.
Did you figure out in the mean time how to fix it?
Daniel Ofman

Authored by: danielofman on Jan 17, '06 12:59:51PM

Daniel

Authored by: chefrikks on Dec 03, '05 08:21:32AM

Hi Pinoy, I'm having trouble with this using my N70... could you help??? when setting up the device the isync selection is grayed out plus isync cannot find the device. I'm quite new at this which might be the problem!

Authored by: pfp on Dec 12, '05 03:31:06PM

Help
I've just got a Nokia N70

I've tried copy & paste the changes to
as well as typing the whole thing as is.
I am using Text Edit to add

No Luck

When I try to add device in iSync 2.1.1 I get a message

iSync cannot connect to this device

iSync can see the N70
What am I doing (or not doing) wrong.

If I can't get this sorted I'll have to change phone

Authored by: Betty on Jan 08, '06 06:20:46AM

Hi,
Have you finally sorted out the problem ? I have the same happening here. It says that it cannot connect to the device but apparently recognise it.
I have changed all the codes as indicated.
thanks

Authored by: gudgebum on Jan 05, '06 09:14:20AM

hi, I have just bought N70 and of course it doesnt work wiht my G4 Mac on OSx1.3.9
I have it plugged into the usb port. go to isync, then applications and there is no 'pluggins' so it ends there?!
ny ideas as im desperate to get then synced
thanks
kate

Authored by: adrianhon on Jan 12, '06 07:50:20AM

Please note that when you install 10.4.4, you will have to re-add the code to the MetaClasses.plist file - the upgrade puts it back to normal. You don't have to do anything else though - just re-adding the code will restore things to normal.

Authored by: JONACOR on Jan 15, '06 08:45:38PM

I am using an N70. Isync recognized my phone and sent me an isync agent. I installed it and yet it keeps on telling me to open my BT which is in fact turned "ON". Please help. I'm new to Mac and need every possible assistance. Please help.

Authored by: Zeagle on Apr 03, '06 06:45:55AM

Help! I'm a MAC user but not quite tech-y. Is there a way to sync my N70 with my MAC? thing is, my MAC's only a Panther, 10.3.9 and the iSync 2.1 where I can supposedly input the tags mentioned in this forum can only be downloaded if you have a Tiger or a 10.4 and up OS.

Gosh....so am I destined NOT to sync my phone unless I get a Tiger? That's quite a hassle! help!