Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Problem with 'show password' option' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Problem with 'show password' option
Authored by: AssProphet on Aug 18, '05 11:40:25PM

I followed the hint fine up until I had to choose the 'show password' check box. The system asked to Confirm Access to Keychain and required me to enter my keychain password. I typed in the password for my wireless access and it says my password is invalid. My wireless security is set up as WPA Personal or as Linksys calls it a WPA Pre-Shared key (basically any passphrase I choose... no encrypted keys or anything).

I noticed that you ddin't mention having to confirm access to the keychain in your hint... so I'm wondering if perhaps I have something configured wrong with my keychainn permissions or something or if you just left that step out.

Problem with 'show password' option
Authored by: raider on Aug 19, '05 12:44:26AM

You always have to authorize keychain access, unless you specifically turn that off.

The password that it was assking you for was your USER password - NOT the Airport password. Once you put in your user password, it verifies that you do indeed have the correct permissions to see the Airport password, then will show you the Airport password in plain text.

Problem with 'show password' option
Authored by: halt001 on Aug 19, '05 05:07:01AM

The same 'invalid password' happened to me too. I tried the root password, the user password and the wpk password but all were rejected. Unlike other keys where the root password works.

Also my wifi network shows up under 'system' not under login.

Tim

Problem with 'show password' option
Authored by: sharakan on Aug 20, '05 04:55:01PM

Same here. I can successfully unlock my "System" keychain directly from keychain access, but the same password does not work when authenticating for the "show password" checkbox. Nor does any other password I tried. This is starting to sound like a bug in Keychain Access. I'm running the latest Tiger bits, BTW.

Problem with 'show password' option
Authored by: wanny on Sep 08, '05 06:55:57AM

I get the same problem, and i think it must be a bug in tiger too. Strangly I can view passwords under the login keychain, using the keychain password (which seems to be the same as my login password). But I can't access my wireless password in the System keychain, which also asks for my keychain password?? Very Weird.

Anyone found a solution for this yet?

Problem with 'show password' option
Authored by: dirtymouse on Mar 15, '06 05:29:51AM

thank god there are other people out there with the same problem. It's driving me nuts fighting with keychain and airport logins. I concur, this must be a bug. Now a solution would be good

---
Author of "fix a troubled Mac'
(A Macintosh Troubleshooting PDF book)

Problem with 'show password' option
Authored by: djjeffree on Mar 16, '06 09:05:10AM

Add me to your list of frustrated users. Neither my user password or network password will not work.

Jeffree.