Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the '10.4: Save web pages for offline viewing in Safari' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
10.4: Save web pages for offline viewing in Safari
Authored by: adrianm on Jun 08, '05 11:05:38AM

I thought obvious new items on menus are not considered hints?

Plus I though this was already covered, along with the hint that TextEdit can open web archives too.

10.4: Save web pages for offline viewing in Safari
Authored by: osxpounder on Jun 08, '05 11:57:18AM

Safari 2.0 is Tiger-only, right? When I check my Safari version on my Panther 10.3.9 box, I see it's only ver. 1.2, and my search of the Apple site turns up only 1.2 available for download. I could have sworn I had a newer version of Safari on my Panther box at home.

---
osxpounder

10.4: Save web pages for offline viewing in Safari
Authored by: fds on Jun 08, '05 03:45:22PM

Safari 1.3 was included with the 10.3.9 update.

10.4: Save web pages for offline viewing in Safari
Authored by: arg on Jun 08, '05 12:21:17PM

Yeah, I thought so too. This is one of the more highly advertised new features of Tiger's Safari. This is info that's available in about 100 other different places, not the least of which would be Apple's Safari web page:
and the 200 new features page:

I just don't see this as hint-worthy. It's like sending in a hint that you can now search your files by metadata using a new technology called Spotlight. Or that pressing F12 now magically transports you to a strange and wonderous realm they call "Dashboard."

Okay... Maybe it's not that bad...

In any case, if this sounds shrill, I'm admittedly bitter that my far superior hint never got published. I'm a twisted loser with nothing better to do.

Apologies in advance.

10.4: Save web pages for offline viewing in Safari
Authored by: adrianm on Jun 08, '05 12:41:24PM
Maybe Rob should put in an uber hint that basically says, "if you're interested in making the most of your Mac:"
  • read the manual
  • read the "200 new features" page
  • read the "What's new" section in all the help files
  • generally look at menus/buttons in apps.

Re: Hint? to be published? or not?
Authored by: brw3sbc on Jun 08, '05 01:49:59PM

Re: Hint? to be published? or not?

I've not yet progressed to 10.4, so all discussions have value to me. Please keep the rules loose.