Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the '10.4: Access Spotlight filters in Finder before searching' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
10.4: Access Spotlight filters in Finder before searching
Authored by: roll on May 29, '05 11:56:27AM

Sorry - I'm lost on this one. All the spacebar does for me is insert a space?!?!

10.4: Access Spotlight filters in Finder before searching
Authored by: lonepalm on May 29, '05 01:19:36PM

works as indicated for me. Thanks,
Mike

10.4: Access Spotlight filters in Finder before searching
Authored by: delGrey on May 29, '05 01:49:20PM

You need to use the finder window, not the drop-down menu bar box.

10.4: Access Spotlight filters in Finder before searching
Authored by: thelamecamel on Jun 11, '05 11:15:40PM

And don't use the Spotlight window either! You need to use a brushed-metal finder window. This caught me out...

10.4: Access Spotlight filters in Finder before searching
Authored by: JonLaliberte on May 29, '05 01:59:36PM

Yeah, it was not explained as throughly as it should have been... In the finder make a new window, in the search field at the top right enter a space and wait a sec.
I personally went ahead and changed the default settings for the search as found in an earlier hint...

10.4: Access search filters in any Finder window before searching
Authored by: mclbruce on May 29, '05 02:35:13PM

It's a nice hint, but it took me a while to figure out as well. I think changing the title of the hint could clear up the confusion.

10.4: Access Spotlight filters in Finder before searching
Authored by: luhmann on May 29, '05 08:27:21PM

I'm in the same boat - just inserts a space. I wonder what's different. I have the international input menu activated, perhaps that makes a difference?