Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Type ahead find; Mozilla keywords' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Type ahead find; Mozilla keywords
Authored by: jacobolus on May 26, '05 04:14:04PM
The day Safari gets type-ahead find and Mozilla keywords will be the day I switch from my beloved (but occasionally buggy) Camino nightly builds. Type ahead find, something that the incremental search fans at apple should be all over, makes finding info via a search engine much quicker, because i no longer need to scroll through long documents to find what I'm looking for. I can just start typing it. Mozilla keywords have totally changed the way I use bookmarks and the web. When google search is only a "g my query" away, or when wikipedia is only a "wp interesting article" away, I find myself using them much more. And Camino is so much better written for the Mac platform than Firefox. None of those silly windows button widgets!

Type ahead find; Mozilla keywords
Authored by: hamarkus on May 26, '05 07:21:29PM

Maybe I am old-fashioned but by simply clicking on the browser icon in the Dock (be it Mozilla, Firefox, Camino or Safari) or hitting command-T if the browser is already the active application, I get the Google page and can start to type my search without having to do anything else.

The keyword thing sounds interesting nevertheless. Is it an extension to Mozilla? I cannot seem to find it.

Type ahead find; Mozilla keywords
Authored by: foonie on Jun 03, '05 01:11:26AM

Keywords have been around forever. And now setting them is even easier with Smart Keywords:

Type ahead find; Mozilla keywords
Authored by: lavar78 on May 26, '05 10:30:38PM

I liked Mozilla keywords, but I prefer using Quicksilver's web search plugin for that functionality. I'm sure the other launchers (LaunchBar and Butler) do something similar.

Type ahead find; Mozilla keywords
Authored by: jacobolus on Jan 11, '06 05:24:30AM

The nice thing is, Quicksilver picks up any mozilla keyword searches I have in my Camino bookmarks, and I can then use them from Quicksilver as well. I have the QS Web Search catalog items disabled, because there are too many of them, and none I'd ever use that I can't just as easily add to Camino.

Type ahead find; Mozilla keywords
Authored by: n8gray on May 31, '05 07:02:36PM

Type-to-find and search channels for Safari: