Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the '10.4: Change Mail.app's message priority flags' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
10.4: Change Mail.app's message priority flags
Authored by: freakindesign on May 21, '05 04:33:19PM

You make a song and dance about punctuation and grammar, only to say "I shutter to think" in your rebuke? Tsk. Go and stand in the corner and think about what you've done.

When your copy of Tiger shows up on Monday, try out the excellent dictionary widget and search for these two words:

• Shutter
  • Shudder

If you're going to be pedantic, you should take the time and effort to be correct. I suggest you take an English class... ;)

Here endeth this lesson.

10.4: Change Mail.app's message priority flags
Authored by: gaudior on May 21, '05 08:31:11PM

Lighten Up, Francis! ;-)

10.4: Change Mail.app's message priority flags
Authored by: ccgaudette on May 22, '05 12:06:23AM

I'm to take English lessons from someone called "freakin"? ;-)

Darn. I did spell and grammar checked that post too!

At any rate there would seem to me to be a difference between my forum post and a "permanent" fixture in Apple's mail client. E-mail being the Internet's killer application and all.

And, actually, you help make my case. It took less than a day for you to point out my mistake -- and attack it without hesitation. Meanwhile, Apple's employees have confirmed Mail.app over the course of months.

10.4: "I'm to take English lessons from someone called 'freakin'?"
Authored by: apikoros on May 22, '05 10:04:08AM

Given the haughty, superior, nose-in-the-air tone of your original critical post... yes, you are.

10.4: "I'm to take English lessons from someone called 'freakin'?"
Authored by: apikoros on May 22, '05 10:26:56AM

10.4: "I'm to take English lessons from someone called 'freakin'?"
Authored by: apikoros on May 22, '05 10:29:53AM

And, apparently, I need lessons on how to avoid double-posts...

10.4: Change Mail.app's message priority flags
Authored by: hamarkus on May 22, '05 01:54:45PM

Spell and grammar checks most often only catch typos. (I am however surprised that Word accepts both 'I did...checked' and 'I did ... check'.)