Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the '10.4: Change Mail.app's message priority flags' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
10.4: Change Mail.app's message priority flags
Authored by: chrome on May 21, '05 06:13:33AM

This has no real bearing on the validity of this tip, but really am I the only one that hates priorities set by other people? Everyone else seems to think that their emails are the most important and some even set their email to send at high priority by default .. !

>:)

10.4: Change Mail.app's message priority flags
Authored by: macgizmo on May 21, '05 02:32:19PM

I tend to agree with you. Most people who use priority settings almost always use High Priority as their only option.

---
CreativeGuy: Daily tips, tricks & commentary for graphic designers.
www.jdempsey.com

10.4: Change Mail.app's message priority flags
Authored by: jason mark on May 21, '05 07:55:25PM

Actually lack of priorities was one reason we haven't been able to use Mail here (Entourage for all).

When you're on the road a lot, or in meetings a lot, it's actually really helpful to let people know "I'm only checking high priority email for the next couple of days". That way the... well... high priority items stand out.

10.4: Change Mail.app's message priority flags
Authored by: garchow1 on May 22, '05 12:10:08AM

Does anyone know how to change priorities set by other people? Before Tiger I would sort my inbox by flagging messages I needed to respond to so they would remain at the top of my email list. Now flagged message remain at the top, followed by any messages tagged by their senders as high priority (all of which I've already read and responded to). The result is now I have to scroll down to see my new mail. I can't find anyway of changing the priority of mail I've already read. Arrgh!

10.4: Change Mail.app's message priority flags
Authored by: BBishop9 on May 22, '05 09:51:36AM

I'm an Entourage user who's trying the Tiger Mail app to see if I want to make a change, so I'm hardly expert in Mail.

But I have the same problem of disagreeing with the senders of some messages as to how they should be prioritized. While it's quite easy in Entourage to change the priority of an incoming message, I can't see any obvious way to do the same thing in Mail, and leaving messages I consider to be ‘normal' or ‘low' priority marked as ‘high' just rankles me!

10.4: Change Mail.app's message priority flags
Authored by: Quevar on May 23, '05 01:34:35PM
This has actually been one of my big disappointments for Tiger. I was hoping to be able to change the priorities for incoming messages and then make a smart folder to display them back at various times.

I want to have all high priority items displayed, the normal priority items displayed only after 3 days, and the low priority items displayed after 7 days. This way, I can put e-mail on hold for a few days. I was very disappointed when I found out this wasn't possible. Well, sorting them is possible, but I can't change the priorities myself, so it doesn't work.