Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'apache and php and mysql' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
apache and php and mysql
Authored by: Anonymous on Mar 29, '01 03:24:15PM
On various places on the Internet there have been hints as to how to get apache and php working, or how to get mysql working. Using these hints, I could get Apache and PHP working, and MySQL, however NOT together :-(
Today I figured out how to do it: compile MySQL with a static zlib, not the dynamic zlib included by Apple. My recipe for how to do it can be found at http://www.xs4all.nl/~voorburg/xthreesome/html. Enjoy!

apache and php and mysql
Authored by: Anonymous on Mar 29, '01 03:28:24PM
apache and php and mysql
Authored by: Anonymous on Apr 01, '01 10:48:58PM

I've just tried to configure and compile mySQL 3.23.36 on OSX and have run into some compile errors with (apparently) MIT pthreads. I've followed tuxzone's directions, changing the sql/mysqld.cc file and compiling zlib. Configure works, but I get these errors when compiling:

/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 readline.h /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/readline.h
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 chardefs.h /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/chardefs.h
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 keymaps.h /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/keymaps.h
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 history.h /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/history.h
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 tilde.h /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/tilde.h
Making install in mit-pthreads
cd: no such file or directory: /home/my/tmp/BUILD/mit-pthreads
GNUmakefile:55: /pthreads/GNUmakefile.inc: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:56: /stdlib/GNUmakefile.inc: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:57: /stdio/GNUmakefile.inc: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:58: /string/GNUmakefile.inc: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:59: /gen/GNUmakefile.inc: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:60: /net/GNUmakefile.inc: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:61: /scripts/GNUmakefile.inc: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/scripts/GNUmakefile.inc'. Stop.
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Any idea where my little train is leaving the tracks?

apache and php and mysql
Authored by: Anonymous on Apr 02, '01 05:24:40AM

I had this problem with mit-threads, and solved it by deleting the source directory completely, downloading a fresh copy, and starting all over again. Don't forget to fix the bug:

edit msql/mysqld.cc to fix a compile error
sa.sa_handler=( void (*)() ) handle_segfault;
sa.sa_handler=( void (*)(int) ) handle_segfault;

apache and php and mysql
Authored by: aalegado on Apr 02, '01 01:32:53AM

For my Linux boxen I've used a tutorial found at:

This tutorial integrates MySQL, PHP, Apache, and OpenSSL. I was able to modify the procedure to include mod_perl support as well. However, the tutorial as written doesn't work under Darwin/Mac OS X. Among other things, the PHP portion ends with errors after the 'make install' and OpenSSL won't compile under Darwin.

The MySQL part can DEFINITELY shed some light on that part of the process. I nipped out the OpenSSL stuff and tried to do a basic MySQL/PHP/Apache install but the PHP errors persist. I've only spent one afternoon at it so a solution may still be available.

The important thing about achieving it this way is that 1) it's built from sources, and 2) it integrates all three applications. I'd like to build it this way so that my OS X installation matches my production Linux installation feature-for-feature and directory-for-directory.

The "canned" MySQL and PHP maybe be do-able but do they work together?

I was able to compile MySQL and it works but I've yet to test it against the Olav PHP package. I'll try installing PHPNuke and see what happens. PHPNuke is a combination portal/discussion board that uses PHP and MySQL to build an interactive site not unlike SlashDot or GeekLog. If that works then no further research is required.

integration
Authored by: robg on Apr 02, '01 01:42:37AM

I have Olav's PHP package (from the archive) running on Apache with mySQL that I compiled from source (see how-to elsewhere on the site). They're working great together; I made a start page that lets me pick from phpBB, geeklog, phpNuke, phpMyAdmin, and phpWebSite (all packages that I'm experimenting with, and that use PHP and mySQL).

They all work exactly as expected!

-rob.