Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'A fix for Checkpoint SecureClient under 10.3.9' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
A fix for Checkpoint SecureClient under 10.3.9
Authored by: hintbw on Apr 21, '05 12:43:04PM
Okay, I created the wdog.sh file and tried to edit the file you mentioned, however I ran into the following problems: I couldn't see where the alias linked unless I was root. When I could the file you referred to was a unix executable and I'm not sure how to "edit" it. I tried pico but that didn't work. Any ideas for us common people. I'm on a G4 Powerbook at 10.3.9 (obviously).

A fix for Checkpoint SecureClient under 10.3.9
Authored by: hintbw on Apr 21, '05 05:35:51PM

Okay, I figured it out. I need to go down one more level and I could edit the SecureClient as was mentioned. It was easier to open terminal, change to root (using sudo bash) and then

cd /opt/CPsrsc-50/boot/SecureClient
pico SecureClient

Make the changes to that file as indicated above and save the file and reboot. You'll be all set - this hint worked for me.

A fix for Checkpoint SecureClient under 10.3.9
Authored by: msteck on Apr 21, '05 05:57:27PM
You are right ! That way it does not work, the path to the file to edit is not written correctly (no colons), it is of course :
  /System/Library/StartupItems/SecureClient/SecureClient
so in your case it would be :
  sudo pico  /System/Library/StartupItems/SecureClient/SecureClient
Near the beginning you see "SecureClient SystemStarter Script", that is the one. Sorry about this, I guess I was so excited that I did not check it well enough.

---
Markus Steck
Bern (Switzerland)

A fix for Checkpoint SecureClient under 10.3.9
Authored by: raven42rac on Apr 21, '05 10:55:25PM

Step 5 should be
sudo bash
cd /opt/CPsrsc-50/boot/SecureClient
vi or pico SecureClient

A fix for Checkpoint SecureClient under 10.3.9
Authored by: endaff on Feb 02, '06 07:57:13AM

has anybody got a fix for this to work on tiger 10.4.4

A fix for Checkpoint SecureClient under 10.3.9
Authored by: franksting on Feb 12, '06 05:44:58PM

I don't believe that Checkpoint ever released a version that worked on 10.4. I can't update my mac at home to 10.4 for this reason :(

A fix for Checkpoint SecureClient under 10.3.9
Authored by: zerografix on Mar 02, '06 05:56:11AM

Me either - They should have had this done by now!