Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Use a D-Link DWL-G122 USB WiFi Dongle' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Use a D-Link DWL-G122 USB WiFi Dongle
Authored by: travis on Feb 02, '05 12:02:54PM

Has any one found usable driver for this product's older brother, the DWL-122 (802.11b)? The drivers that came with the product as well as the ones directly off D-Link's support site were quite flaky in OSX.
-Travis

Use a D-Link DWL-G122 USB WiFi Dongle
Authored by: nicbav on Feb 02, '05 04:07:24PM

if you go to the Singapore dlink site

and there are drivers there.

the ones I have used were v1.4.7 and they worked fine. Install then plug in the card and away you go.

also has an uninstall as well which is nice.

Nicholas Bavington
BSc (Hons) Comp Sci

In a world without doors and walls who needs Gates and Windows.

Anon

---
You can never be too good looking or to well equipped
Dilbert

Use a D-Link DWL-G122 USB WiFi Dongle
Authored by: travis on Feb 02, '05 04:59:51PM

has it been reliable? and which OS are you on?
-Travis

Use a D-Link DWL-G122 USB WiFi Dongle
Authored by: msam137 on Feb 03, '05 09:36:55PM

I would like to know which os you are using becaue when you call dlink support they tell you they have yet to prove that it works on anything higher then 10.2. I could get it to work but if my ibook g3 running 10.3.7 tried to go to sleep while connected wirelessly my whole computer freezes. It happened several times to the point I just returned the usb adapter. I was hoping to find something that is a little cheaper thin an airport card but it seems like my only option.

Driver for D-Link DWL-122
Authored by: ecco on Feb 06, '05 05:12:27PM

on different web sites of D-Link I only found version 1.3.2 which is unstable.

but on www.macupdate.com (search for wireless) I found version 1.4.7 which works very well until now.
no more sleep problems or lost connection after restart.

Use a D-Link DWL-G122 USB WiFi Dongle
Authored by: karotto on Jul 19, '05 09:08:38PM

The dlink drivers for jaguar actually work in Tiger. I am using them right now. However, my model is a DWL-122. You have to uncheck the port in the networking control panel before you unplug the unit otherwise you get a kernel panic. Have fun...

Use a D-Link DWL-G122 USB WiFi Dongle
Authored by: iwasjesus on Sep 18, '05 10:32:11PM

This is the post I've been looking for. Those kernel panics were a huge pain, but I went into Network Port Configurations and unticked the adaptor, and when I unplugged the adaptor there was no multilingual death screen. Yay!!! Thanks.