Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Frozen with Fear' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Frozen with Fear
Authored by: Spiritman on Jan 25, '05 09:46:44PM

I have 15,000 photos in iPhoto 4......which seems to be totally bug free aside from the export command, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't but you can sometimes drag originals out.....I wonder if there is a performance improvement in iPhoto5 and I also need an approach to deal with the issue that I may be adding 6-8000 a year. Supposedly there is a 25,000 limit.....although Jobs at the Keynote said he had 25,000 in his computer....Picasa will handle 250,000!!!

Frozen with Fear
Authored by: taxi on Jan 25, '05 11:26:45PM

I'm looking forward to iPhoto 5, simply for the heirarchical album feature. I want to be able to have all of the Wedding photos grouped together, and then split into individual weddings, for instance.

And I hope it doesn't crash as often. It just brought down my whole system - as I was trying to write this comment the first time around!

(Bad enough crash that everything freezes, and I had to hard reboot!)

Frozen with Fear
Authored by: MacDork on Jan 26, '05 08:33:54AM

Try out iPhoto Buddy -- it lets you create several iPhoto libraries. This allows you to break up the photos into logical groupings and keeps the number of photos down to a more manageable (*cough* snappier *cough*) size.

It's overall rating is 4.7 out of 5 at versiontracker, and i've been using it for a while now (since iPhoto 3).

25K Plus
Authored by: mahuti on Jan 26, '05 10:55:58AM

With iPhoto 4, I have about 25,500 pictures with no major issues. Perhaps I should back up if I'm going to keep adding more.

---
-mahuti

25K Plus
Authored by: lavar78 on Jan 26, '05 05:57:23PM

Um, you should back up anyway. Think of how you'd feel if you lost some or all of those 25,500 photos.

25K Plus
Authored by: mahuti on Jan 26, '05 08:17:01PM

I use iPhoto as a way to store client images in a place where I can browse them all. If it got damaged, I wouldn't really care. I don't do anything too special with them. If the file got damaged, I'd just re-add them.

Thanks for your "concern"

---