Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Manage iTunes audio streams with smart playlists' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Manage iTunes audio streams with smart playlists
Authored by: DougAdams on Dec 17, '04 11:14:02AM
Downstream is an AppleScript that removes radio station streams from the main library to a selected playlist, allowing you to keep them completely separate from your audio tracks. Good for organization, and eliminates the chance of hitting a stream on a library shuffle.

Manage iTunes audio streams with smart playlists
Authored by: themadjuggler on Dec 17, '04 12:46:08PM

I was going to thank you for a helpful link, but having noticed that you're Doug Adams, I must thank you instead for the always useful site!

Manage iTunes audio streams with smart playlists
Authored by: DougAdams on Dec 17, '04 03:24:25PM

You are too kind :)

Seriously. You're too kind. Cut it out!

Manage iTunes audio streams with smart playlists
Authored by: mark hunte on Dec 17, '04 12:47:01PM

If you don't want a song played in iTunes then just uncheck its tick and it will be missed out

---
mh

Manage iTunes audio streams with smart playlists
Authored by: joshewah on Dec 17, '04 01:02:21PM

What I really wish is that iTunes had different library classes or could handle multiple libraries. Like for example a library for audio books, one for streams, one for music. I know there are hacks out there to make it sort of work like that but it would be so nice if apple could make an easy way to move certain tracks into speciality libraries like that.

Also, I love your scripting site and have it on my rss news feeds :)

Manage iTunes audio streams with smart playlists
Authored by: landis on Dec 17, '04 03:33:22PM

I just use three different smart playlists. One for everything except streams and audio books, one for just audiobooks/spoken word and one for just streams.

Then just visit those playlists instead of the entire library.

Manage iTunes audio streams with smart playlists
Authored by: pwestbro on Dec 21, '04 03:24:14AM

What I would love is a way to get my streams included in the "Party Shuffle". I have all of my music on my server at home, and just included the urls to them in iTunes. I would love to be able to use the weighted random of the "Party Shuffle"