Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

reply | 27 comments | Create New Account
Click here to return to the 'reply' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Authored by: Jwink3101 on Nov 25, '04 11:57:13PM

1280x1024 is what i voted for becuase that is what my studio display uses. All other times i am on my 12" with 1024x768.

I was actually surprised to find that i can actually live with the lowe resolution but it is nice to have the extra space. The only time i have problem is with web design because, unlike in photoshop working with images, you can't scale the page to design and still have the page.

1152 x 870
Authored by: RideMan on Nov 28, '04 01:23:35PM

I'm probably the only person on the planet who actually uses that oddball 1152 x 870 resolution...it gives me pretty much the same size elements on my $cheap 17" monitor as 1024 x 768, but it gives me a little bit more space on the screen. It's especially nice when displaying VNC windows of 1024 x 768 screens.

1152 x 870
Authored by: mkutny on Nov 28, '04 04:20:06PM

Me too! I use it on an old 17" CRT when using dual displays on my G4 iBook. The iBook, of course, uses 1024x768, which is just right for its screen size.

1152 x 870
Authored by: stokini on Nov 29, '04 04:48:34PM

Me too! I use 1152 x 870 on my eMac. I was surprised that it wasn't included in the list. Many desktop picture sites have that ratio as a download option.

1152 x 870
Authored by: szabesz on Dec 07, '04 06:17:38AM

Mee too :) A second (17") monitor for both my 17" iMac 800MHz at work and for my iBook G4 at home. Pixel sizes in this resolution are about the same on the TFT and the CRT.

1152 x 870
Authored by: jaymcb74 on Dec 08, '04 05:26:18AM

For those that can remember, 1152x870 was the original fixed two page resolution used by the old black and white 21" displays from Apple. Which is what got me hooked on it and I still use it to this day J;-)

---
Yea, if it will be done, even in spite, then lend thine hand to the masses lest it be done incorrectly or worse by those not versed in the ways of the Dogcow