Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Set up the Minolta 2300DL printer on OS X' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Set up the Minolta 2300DL printer on OS X
Authored by: jsares on Oct 06, '04 12:15:07PM

Fantastic Hint! This worked great and was so much easier than the previous method. I printed identical documents from my Mac and Windows systems and didn't notice any difference. What type of documents printed better from Windows?

Jason

PS Any ideas on printing from USB?

Set up the Minolta 2300DL printer on OS X
Authored by: tgaynor on Nov 22, '04 09:17:22PM

I followed the instructions and they work fine . . . .

When I pring from Word, the text looks burnt into the paper. In other words, each letter has a bleeding effect to it. I do not think this is what other people are seeing becuase it is not usable for everyday printing. Any ideas on tweaking the drivers?

Set up the Minolta 2300DL printer on OS X
Authored by: robmarg on Jan 05, '05 09:52:08PM

I used this hint for the Magicolor 2300 DL. So far so good. However, I'm encountering some problems. 1) Black text is mushy 2) can't print at all from appleworks. Any ideas to remedy this?
Thanks
-Rob

Set up the Minolta 2300DL printer on OS X
Authored by: gwersh on Jan 30, '05 05:30:12AM

have you solved your burnt text problem yet
I have the same issue and would love to fix it

Try 2430 driver
Authored by: jbolden1517 on Jun 13, '05 12:27:19PM

Try the 2430 driver. http://printer.konicaminolta.com/support/current_printers/mc2430dl_sup.htm#osx . You will get crisp text in color.

Settting the output mode to BW helps
Authored by: jjpron on Jan 30, '05 04:39:24PM

The printer prints grayscale just fine for me.
When I click on print, then go to 3rd option (the one that says "Copies and Pages") and change that to "Printer Features" I select the Black and White, and then there's no bleeding.
No color:( but I'll take BW...

Set up the Minolta 2300DL printer on OS X
Authored by: philipboyce on Apr 25, '05 04:51:31PM

Problem solved download the CUPS driver for the 2430DL from Minolta works perfectly over ethernet and USB
Philip

Set up the Minolta 2300DL printer on OS X
Authored by: ryensen on Sep 29, '05 02:52:27PM

I cannot get the 2430 driver to work with my 2300 DL under Tiger. I am using a USB connection and have been able to get the Zenographics driver to work, but I am not happy with the fuzzy printing and want the quality that you all claim for the 2430 driver. HELP!!!!

Set up the Minolta 2300DL printer on OS X
Authored by: designlevel2 on Jun 17, '05 10:54:46AM

I did this yesterday on 10.2 for a friend. I got the printer added just fine. But when I print i get a percentage and then an error saying could not connect to printer.

Any suggestions?