Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Drag-and-drop script to quickly resize any image' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Drag-and-drop script to quickly resize any image
Authored by: mania on Sep 28, '04 11:19:50AM

well - another fantastic easy way to do this is to install imagemagick from www.imagemagick.org. you can then write bash or php or perl scripts to run the commands - so for example it allows you to write an image upload script that automatically makes thumbnail sized pics for the links and leaves bigger pics for what you zoom in on. i have done this on both linux and os x for a shopping cart program i wrote and also a web-based real estate MLS search system. imagemagick does a lot more than resizing - it has photoshop like capabilities and its free. check it out.

Resize within Imagemajick?
Authored by: rhowell on Sep 28, '04 12:42:27PM
Any idea how to resize within Imagemajick? I know about convert..., but what about opening your image graphically in Imagemajick and resizing? For the life of me, I can't find it...

Resize within Imagemajick?
Authored by: koncept on Sep 28, '04 03:39:01PM

use "display pathToImage" with X11 running...

Resize within Imagemajick?
Authored by: rhowell on Sep 28, '04 03:42:07PM
Right, sorry, I fully understand how to open a graphics file in Imagemajick. What I don't know how to do is resize that picture within Imagemajick. Where is it in the menus?

Resize within Imagemajick?
Authored by: rkchang on Sep 28, '04 11:30:16PM
I accidentally responded to this at the level above, but here it is again for clarification.

Imagemagick, as far as I know, is a set of command line utilities. To do a batch resize, you can use the following command:

mogrify -resize

My digital camera regularly takes photos at 1280x960 resolution, and I often have to resize them to 800x600, so I do so with this command:

mogrify -resize 800x600 *.jpg

---
"I have seen the evils of procrastination, and I vow to change my ways tomorrow."

Resize within Imagemajick?
Authored by: Black on Sep 29, '04 01:33:19PM

Resize is under the View menu.