Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Loop audio file snippets in iTunes' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Loop audio file snippets in iTunes
Authored by: readparse on Sep 13, '04 02:29:23PM

I'm wondering about the hintworthiness of this hint. Pretty straightforward (and documented) to specify a start time and end time for a track, and likewise for the single repeat. Putting the two together is no big deal.

No offense, but one reason this site is so useful is because of the policing of hints done by the users. It has happened to me also.

Loop audio file snippets in iTunes
Authored by: mustang_dvs on Sep 13, '04 03:07:16PM
I happen to agree with you, readparse, it's not really a "hint" as much as a "documented feature."

(And I question the sanity of someone wanting to listen to the same four seconds of a song over and over and over and over and over and over and over...) ;)

Loop audio file snippets in iTunes
Authored by: joquiroz on Sep 13, '04 03:42:31PM

Actually it's about four minutes
hour:minute:second

---
Even though it seems like I'm lost...what are you talking about, I am lost

Loop audio file snippets in iTunes
Authored by: PancakeMan on Sep 13, '04 05:18:41PM

Isn't DJ Shadow music repetitive enough without putting it on Repeat? ;-)

Loop audio file snippets in iTunes
Authored by: Dave Creek on Sep 13, '04 03:09:21PM

Well, maybe you're correct but I, as one of the low-tech-expertise readers of this forum, find such hints useful and I appreciate Risc taking the time to lay out his idea.

Loop audio file snippets in iTunes
Authored by: marcrespass on Sep 13, '04 11:38:18PM

This is a great hint! One reason you might want to listen to a segment over and over is if you are a musician. I've been learning a tune. It would be great to set it to loop a section so I can practice with it. I recently told a friend that iTunes does not have repeat. I admit that it's tedious to setup in iTunes but there it is and I was on the verge of writing my own player. This is a good hint. What makes it a hint is not that it exposes a hidden feature but also that it brings forward a feature that is not necessarily right in front of you. For what it's worth, I was unable to find information in iTunes Help about looping a song so I don't know where it's documented.

Marc