Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Record and playback high definition TV signals' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Record and playback high definition TV signals
Authored by: paseng on Apr 28, '04 12:29:35PM

What if you have a big screen with a built in tuner and a fire wire port on it? Can you attach your mac to that and record the output? Its a Mitsubishi HDTV.

Record and playback high definition TV signals
Authored by: dreimiller on Apr 28, '04 04:08:15PM
I believe so. Check out this thread from Slashdot last month.

There was also some useful info on this web page (broken link) until recently, but that page is gone now. It is still in Google's cache, however.

Record and playback high definition TV signals
Authored by: EatingPie on Apr 29, '04 10:48:54AM

The short answer to this is... YES!!!!

I have a Mitsubishi, and my first test was with it's internal tuner before I received my cable box.

You must plug the Mac in via Firewire, start up VirtualDVHS, then NetCommand will recognize the device. I set it up and even called it PBOOK. Then you can use NetComand to schedule a recording, and it will even automatically start VirtualDVHS recording!

-Pie

---
-Pie
<http://www.storybytes.com>

Record and playback high definition - Problem with Mitsubishi TV
Authored by: trugel on Sep 25, '04 09:07:59PM

I'm hoping you can help me since you also have a Mitsubishi TV. I was able to record and play HDTV recording all of this week having my Powerbook connected to my Mitsubishi WS55613 tv via firewire. However, tonight it doesn't work. Netcommand recognizes the Powerbook via the firewire connection but when I attempt to play a recorded show from the DVHS application, I get the follwowing error message "The digital link for HDPC (what I have labeled my Powerbook connection to the Mitsubishi) & TV has been disconnected"

Has this happened to you? How did you fix it? Please send me an email to trugel@optonline at your earliest convenience.

I am very excited about being able to record and play back HDTV. I'm hoping you can help me.

Thanks,

Tom Rugel

Record and playback high definition TV signals
Authored by: daylight28 on Sep 28, '04 05:08:24PM

i have a toshiba hdtv with built in tuner with firewire, my mac see it but does not recieve any signal from the tv. Help!

Record and playback high definition TV signals
Authored by: trugel on Oct 04, '04 11:13:35AM

Does your TV see the Mac? I have a Mistusibhi with a user interface called Netcommand that gives me a listing of all components connected to the TV. Once I connect my Mac the TV asks me to define this new device and then it will show it as an available component. Once the connection is made, I can schedule recording from the TV and record from an off-air antenna to the Mac.

Email me if you have not been able to make this work with Virtual DVHS running on the Mac while connected to your tv. My email address is trugel@optonline.net.

Good luck,