Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'iPhoto4 question' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
iPhoto4 question
Authored by: cwatts on Feb 03, '04 12:37:36PM

*slightly off topic- I was thinking of getting iLife04, which (right?) is now the only way to stay current with iPhoto.

Does anyone know if it can see Canon camera raw files? I'd be happy to post a sample.

thanks
chris

---
sttaw rirhc

Re: iPhoto 4 question
Authored by: simX on Feb 03, '04 01:08:08PM

Please post a sample then, and I'll test it out. :)

Re: iPhoto 4 question
Authored by: cwatts on Feb 03, '04 03:42:51PM

OK, go to www dot bake dot org slash public slash crwfile and there should be one sitting there.

If you're wondering what I am doing, I'm making a rain shadow a la Andrew Goldsworthy. (What!? We don't get much rain in LA, ok!?)

chris

---
sttaw rirhc

Re: iPhoto 4 question
Authored by: mithras on Feb 03, '04 05:56:43PM

Nope, didn't work for me.

Apparently iView MediaPro does support Canon RAW though.

---
Listen To My iTunes Library (6500+ songs, iTunes 4 required)

Re: iPhoto 4 question
Authored by: dfbills on Feb 04, '04 01:51:55AM

Answer is- unreadable. The following file could not be imported (they may be an unrecognized file type or files do not contain valid data).

Re: iPhoto 4 question/RAW files
Authored by: cwatts on Feb 06, '04 11:50:43PM

thanks.

I suspected that that would be the result. I suppose the bright side is that no one gets to see the picture of me lying on the sidewalk.

chris

---
sttaw rirhc

possibly
Authored by: mrgibbysworth on Feb 03, '04 01:33:37PM

I don't know about Canon RAW, but iPhoto4 does not read Fuji RAW (.raf). I have been told that it should be able to read any brand of RAW file, as long as the camera software is properly installed and registers this correct filter. Unfortunately for me, the Fuji S2 software refuses to install on OS 10.3.

Incidently are there any iPhoto / Fuji S2 fans reading this and know how to get this software working?

Works, but some image duplication
Authored by: jfaughnan on Feb 04, '04 12:05:29AM

I'd posted on this a while back in the Apple Discussion forums. It does work, but you'll find that if you have a single image in more than one album that you'll duplicate that image . In other words, you'll have two images in two albums.

Before doing this type of merge you should run one of the Apple supplied iPhoto AppleScripts to locate images that are not in any album. Then you should try to create 1:1 image to album relationships.

You don't actually need a DVD to do this. In my experiments I was able to do it with disk images, but it was a finicky process and I ran out of time to perfect it. See http://googlefaughnan.blogspot.com/2004_01_01_googlefaughnan_archive.html#107443707329385340
for more info.