Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Install the Logitech MX900 Bluetooth mouse' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Install the Logitech MX900 Bluetooth mouse
Authored by: menace690 on Jan 26, '04 04:36:17PM

This ios not even necessary. I bought my Logitch MX 900 + the desktop keyboard for bluetooth combo pack. I plugged in the usb bluetooth adapter that came with it. (It doesn't act as a bluetooth adapter for everything else I have though :(. ) Everything worked without configuring anything. Most buttons on the keyboard (special ones) dont do anything, but volume and mute work, as does the scroll wheel. The mouse has full operational capabilities.

Install the Logitech MX900 Bluetooth mouse
Authored by: grrr223 on Jan 26, '04 09:15:56PM

What do you mean by full operation. I have the mx900 mouse. Exposť can see all of the mouse's buttons, but I can't get any other progams to (like USb Overdrive). I kinda took a chance when I bought it that one day someone would write a mac compatible driver for it. Aside form only being able to use 2 or 3 of it's zillion buttons, I lvoe it.

Install the Logitech MX900 Bluetooth mouse
Authored by: Oryman on Jan 26, '04 11:20:52PM

Have you tried the gamepad companion prefpane. It recognized all the buttons on my Kensington that is plugged into a emulated kvm switch

GamePadCompanion and Logitech MX-900
Authored by: justzisguy on Feb 20, '04 02:49:58AM

The GamePad Companion works like a dream for using the extra buttons of the MX900.

A couple of tips: if setting the buttons on the side (Button #4 Cmd+left arrow, Button #5 Cmd+right arrow), you probably want to check "Key Repeat Off" to only go back or forward one page in your web browser. Also don't forget to click "Start" after you have finished configuring everything. Excellent product does what Logitech hasn't.

GamePadCompanion and Logitech MX-900
Authored by: orca orca on Feb 29, '04 03:32:51AM

hi
agree with you, great soft to use w mx900
just one hiccup: after mx900 sleeps/wakes up, I need to stop/start Gamepad Comp. to make the programming work again.
contacted developer for input

have you same experience ?

cheers

---
Pb 17" 1G ram 7K60 airportXtreme iSight
10.3.2

GamePadCompanion and Logitech MX-900
Authored by: earspasm on Mar 16, '04 12:28:59PM

same here.

Anyone else find this mouse a bit heavy?

GamePadCompanion and Logitech MX-900
Authored by: tfernsle on Jun 27, '04 08:53:26PM

I like the weight for use, but its too heavy and bulky for the road.

GamePadCompanion and Logitech MX-900
Authored by: flyingbrit on Sep 16, '04 04:16:14PM

Thanks for the info on th GamePad Companion, with the MX900..simple instructions, which I could not find ANYWHERE else. Thanks. Now I have all the buttons working as well as Expose! :-)

Installing Logitech (or any "unsupported" I guess) bluetooth mouse - The Muppet's Guide
Authored by: sampsa on Feb 05, '04 12:25:41PM

Guys, as I was new to this whole Mac OS X thing as well as Bluetooth (paired my Nokia 3650 with a WinXP laptop, but thats about it), I managed to get confused with the installation process.

Anyway, I figured that a step by step HOWTO would be useful for other newbies, so here goes:

1. Open Apple Menu -> System Preferences
2. Select Keyboard & Mouse, then the Bluetooth Tab
3. Click on Set Up New Device
4. Hit Continue
5. Choose Mouse, then Continue again
6. This is where I got confused - as the Logitech mouse didn't come with any documentation (well, maybe on the Windows driver CD, but hey, could I be bothered to look there. Don't think so), I didn't realise that you need to do something to the mouse to make it Discoverable.

On the MX900, flip it over, hit the Connect Mouse button towards the bottom end of the mouse (while the Mac is scanning for it), and Bob should be your uncle.

7. Set up Expose', it should now have a nice little section for configuring mice.

Hopefully this is of use to someone.

Sampsa

Authored by: hrbrmstr on Mar 14, '04 10:00:13AM

Definitely a helpful comment. Made this a very useful mouse!

---