Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Perfect solution found!' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Perfect solution found!
Authored by: mfritze on Jan 11, '04 04:07:54AM

Hi!

I found the perfect solution: find out the rtsp://.../ url and replace the server with http://a772.g.akamai.net/ - via this server you can simply download the movie via HTTP in Safari, etc. No need for rtsp tricks :-) BTW: works fine for other keynotes, too (like WWDC 2003, etc)

Markus

nearly ... Perfect solution found!
Authored by: kerni on Jan 11, '04 11:18:43AM

Well, most current streams works with that, but using that for the Paris keynote I get a "Access Denied" error :-(
Too bad, would like to have a collection with all those keynotes around. Sadly the older ones seem to be completely removed from the server

nearly ... Perfect solution found!
Authored by: mfritze on Jan 11, '04 02:01:48PM

I downloaded at least the MWSF2004 keynote and the WWDC2003 keynote without a problem.

nearly ... Perfect solution found!
Authored by: kerni on Jan 11, '04 03:23:34PM

Yep, the same did I :-) But sadly the Paris keynote doesn't work, and VLC is also only with audio and no video... too bad :-/

nearly ... Perfect solution found!
Authored by: ProfGumby on Jul 20, '04 11:46:35PM

Do you still have a url for the wwdc2003 presentation ? I managed to get to http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2003/06/wwdc and that has a link to the keynote on the page, but that link is dead.
thx

managed to get some of the other ones archived; in part for myself, but my brother and sister both live out in the boondocks, ie < 56k modem xfer, and they have probs pulling it;

nearly ... Perfect solution found!
Authored by: ProfGumby on Jul 21, '04 12:08:46AM

HA! Tried just changing the wwdc_2004 in the url to wwdc_2003 and BINGO!!!

Perfect solution found!
Authored by: norz on Feb 05, '09 12:28:45AM
Thanks, worked very well for me (for an mms stream)! :)
This way I can use curl or safari, who both support to resume the download. (For curl, use: curl http://source.wmv -o output.wmv --continue-at -)