Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Pay for iTunes?' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Pay for iTunes?
Authored by: adrick42 on Jan 06, '04 04:10:55PM
<opinion>
I said it last time they upped the ante on the iLife suite. I don't want to pay $49 for something that I have been getting for free. Can you say "Bait & switch"? When we all started using iPhoto it was free and there has never been any mention of it changing, until now.
And besides, I don't use iMovie or have any intention of using GarageBand to justify $49 on the whole deal.

But this is just my opinion....
</opinion>

---
If we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

The Merovingian -- 

Pay for iTunes?
Authored by: friedmaj on Jan 06, '04 04:24:13PM

I wouldn't call it a bait and switch, as you do still have your free product, and it presumably works as well as it did when you got it. If Apple stopped allowing print or book ordering for older versions of iPhoto, for example, then you could more fairly cry foul.

iLife
Authored by: drc on Jan 06, '04 04:29:08PM

$49 gets you iLife. In iLife you get updated iMovie, iDVD, iPhoto and iTunes and all new GarageBand.

Check it out. I will be getting it just for the new GarageBand App. I've been need to get an easy audio recorder for a while now and it does all I need and a lot more. The rest of the updates will be a nice bonus. I do wonder if the updated iTunes will be downloadable though or any other iApps?

iLife
Authored by: sfn on Jan 06, '04 06:59:16PM

iTunes is not updated according to the iLife page. It remains at 4.2 so no bonus there.

---
-sfn

Pay for iTunes?
Authored by: saint.duo on Jan 06, '04 05:03:48PM

From what I can tell, iTunes, iPhoto, and iMovie are still free.

iDVD and Garage Band will be sold within iLife for $49, and included on new macs for free. (iDVD on machines with superdrives only?)

iDVD has NEVER been free. It in the past has only come on machines with a superdrive, and been a $50 purchase for new versions.

---
duo

Pay for iTunes?
Authored by: rootpoot on Jan 06, '04 05:40:00PM

I think iPhoto is worth $49 on its own. What other app gives you everything it does for less?

Pay for iTunes?
Authored by: ret on Jan 06, '04 07:48:41PM

I'll be interested to see whether downloadable versions of everything bar iDVD (and GarageBand) turn up for .Mac subscribers....

cheers
RET

---
perl -e 'require Signature.pm; srand; printf STDOUT "%s\n", $Signature[rand @Signature];'