Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Android - An addictive platform game' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Android - An addictive platform game
Authored by: mdale7 on Dec 30, '03 12:32:12PM

I have the same problem. I double click on the icon and the game attempts to launch, the screen changes, the dock icon bounces, the screen changes again and the program hasn't started. I am using 10.3.2 on a 500mHz TiBook.

Doesn't run for me either
Authored by: avanham on Dec 30, '03 02:38:22PM

Ditto, except that I have a 700MHz iBook

here's the fix
Authored by: edoriv on Dec 30, '03 05:11:18PM

it seems to be a problem with stuffit and permissions upgrade to the newest stuffit expander...

but to fix the non launching problem you could also control click sand select show package contents...
open contents>MacOS> you will see a file named Andriod
open the terminal and type

chmod +x drag the Android file to the terminal window
hit return

the game will now launch

hope this helps

PS
Authored by: edoriv on Dec 30, '03 05:14:18PM

this fix will work for most apps that fail to launch

Android - An addictive platform game
Authored by: biglug on Jan 20, '04 03:55:25AM

I'm still having difficulty with this on 10.3.0. Has anyone got it to work? I use 10.3.2 at work and have no difficulty. I brought home a copy and it flashes the screen twice and then nothing.

Is this an issue with 10.3.0?

I've checked the suggested fix. All perms are +x.

Android - May be the video in the iMac rev D
Authored by: biglug on Jan 21, '04 06:11:02AM

OK, I've now upgraded to 10.3.2 and still no bananas :(

How come it works at work where I can't play it but it doesn't work at home where I can? Damn you Murphy!

Having looked at the console and seen errors concerning CGX talking about ownership I thought it may be the permissions problem still. But still no luck. Have tried launching it from terminal as root (su) and still get the same fade-to-gray-to-unfade thing happening twice (the first appears to be attempting to adjust the video, the second one would be it making sure video is back where it started).

Now I'm wondering if there's an incompatibility with my (relatively) old graphics card in the iMac rev D (tray load 333).

Anyone get it to work on this setup?

Beuller?