Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the '10.3: Navigate menus via letters in menu items' names' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
10.3: Navigate menus via letters in menu items' names
Authored by: jctull on Oct 28, '03 11:29:33AM

robg: Top-level keyboard navigation can be performed with the arrow keys. Yes, you cannot jump to a menu item directly to my knowlege, but you can navigate with the keyboard... unless I am misunderstanding what you meant by top-level...

10.3: Navigate menus via letters in menu items' names
Authored by: MacDork on Oct 28, '03 12:56:45PM

I've been waiting for this since OS X was in it's beta days.

I submitted several feedback reports to Apple and never got any replies. Seems they *do* really listen to their customers. :)

It's one of those things that I've always considered better-implemented on the Windows side of the world.

10.3: Navigate menus via letters in menu items' names
Authored by: Frederico on Oct 28, '03 02:41:43PM

Top Level Menubar navigation is as it is in early Windows: use the Tab key (right) or Shift-Tab (left), as well as the arrows.

10.3: Navigate menus via letters in menu items' names
Authored by: robg on Oct 28, '03 02:54:45PM

I mean with the alpha keys -- one feature I love about Windows is that you can activate the menus with the Alt key and a letter - Alt-F is File, then hit O for open. The changes in Panther get us oh so close, but Control-F2 (repogrammable, I know) then right-arrow twice then O is just a bit too much to hassle with. It seems it'd be easy to add the alpha support to the top levels as well..

-rob.

10.3: Navigate menus via letters in menu items' names
Authored by: TvE on Oct 29, '03 11:21:50AM

Just my point - we're getting a lot closer, but still lack the "ALT-F" for "File" etc. like in Windo$e

10.3: Navigate menus via letters in menu items' names
Authored by: bsmithii on Oct 29, '03 12:21:59PM

Is it possible to open an application via an added application Keyboard shortcut?

Or do I just need to get Fruit Menu when i comes out for Panther?

BJ