Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'College and ExposÚ' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
College and ExposÚ
Authored by: eduo on Oct 25, '03 03:37:10AM

From what I've seen, it seems like ExposÚ might be the single most attention-grabbing of OSX to date (that and the fast-user switching). PC and Mac users alike are mesmerized by it. I've had PC friends say that this has convinced them.

That last bit is funny, because for most PC users ExposÚ is difficult to understand, as they usually use their applications in maximized mode all the time and "Drag and drop" sounds to them like they need to install software or something, as it's not even used in Windows Explorer (their Finder-like File management program), where they use the bizarre right-click to copy, move or delete files (color me anal, if you will, but I don't trust "cutting" and "pasting" files in the least trustworthy or intuitive).

---
Eduo

College and ExposÚ
Authored by: aranor on Oct 26, '03 01:02:08AM

Erm, you DO know that in OS X you can copy and paste files in the Finder to duplicate them, right?

College and ExposÚ
Authored by: Mikey-San on Oct 26, '03 01:46:45AM

Right, but what he's saying is that "drag and drop" is a foreign concept to a LOT of the consumer-level computer world.

It's obvious, second-nature stuff to most Mac users, I'd say, and perhaps it's taken for granted sometimes. ;-)

College and ExposÚ
Authored by: omnivector on Oct 27, '03 07:37:46AM

good god it is overlooked everywhere else.

that's one of the things that drives me bonkers about kde and gnome in linux is they both have such *poor* drag/drop support.

---
- Tristan

College and ExposÚ
Authored by: cparker on Oct 27, '03 05:28:51PM

Erm... Windows Explorer does have drag and drop, thats all I do being a mac user forced on a ms platform... i believe it has since 98...

College and ExposÚ
Authored by: elmimmo on Nov 04, '03 02:29:10PM

Yeah, either in 98 or something like Windows 3.0. Gosh... They called Windows a Mac OS rip off for a reason, you know...