Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the '10.3: Enable the floating Exposť blob' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
10.3: Enable the floating Exposť blob
Authored by: aranor on Oct 25, '03 12:35:00AM

How bizarre!

There's some other mysterious preference keys, such as:

[code]wvous-tl-corner
wvous-tr-corner
wvous-bl-corner
wvous-br-corner[/code]

No idea what these are, but the Dock set wvous-br-corner equal to 5 by itself. I have no idea what it means.

There's also:

[code]wvous-showcorners
wvous-floater-style
wvous-maindisplay
wvous-olddesktop
wvous-spring-delay
wvous-spring[/code]

I've tried setting wvous-showcorners, wvous-floater-style, wvous-spring-delay, and wvous-spring with no obvious effects. Can anybody else figure out what these are?

10.3: Enable the floating Exposť blob
Authored by: aranor on Oct 25, '03 12:36:04AM

D'OH!

Note to self: READ the preview before submitting!

10.3: Enable the floating Exposť blob
Authored by: Mikey-San on Oct 25, '03 06:42:03AM

top left corner
bottom left corner
top right corner
bottom right corner

Looks like those keys store hot corner settings.

10.3: Enable the floating Exposť blob
Authored by: aranor on Oct 26, '03 01:57:13AM

I figured that's what the abbreviations meant, but hot corners for what? Also, the key that the Dock stored by itself was the bottom-right cornet set to 5? What does that mean?

10.3: Side Effect
Authored by: skirtley on Oct 25, '03 09:34:10AM

I Ran the command in Terminal and also from terminal "killall Dock" Since then I logged out last night and in the morning I saw something strange!!!

There was a finder window open floating under the Login List window. I noticed that the Home Folder was labeled Root, and I Could run apps as Root! When I logged in as a user I never recieved the desktop, and Still Had my Finder window. When I ran an app, it Ran as that User. When going to Logout (from the Apple) I would see either log out "System Administrator" or log out "(the user's name)" depending on the Application I was currently Running. After Logging out then Back in as another User, I recieved it's desktop items, and Everything looks back to normal.

I grabbed a screen shot, but do not know how to post it.

Very Interesting!!!!!

10.3: Side Effect
Authored by: t3hl33t on Nov 22, '04 02:41:25AM

Go to
and upload it there. Post the URL it gives you here.