Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Privoxy, and excluding certain sites from proxying' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Privoxy, and excluding certain sites from proxying
Authored by: ZZamboni on Oct 20, '03 06:12:58PM

I recently installed Privoxy on my Powerbook at home (I've been using it for a while in my Linux machine at work - it's a very nice piece of software), but discovered that software update fails when using it. I tried adding apple.com, .apple.com, and swscan.apple.com to the "excluded" list in the Network preferences panel, but SU still insisted on using the proxy. Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Privoxy, and excluding certain sites from proxying
Authored by: Bipp on Oct 20, '03 11:01:57PM

add domains to be excluded or filtered in privoxy itself

Privoxy, and excluding certain sites from proxying
Authored by: david-bo on Oct 21, '03 04:24:43PM

I have used privoxy for years on Mac with no problem what so ever with SU. You must have some other problem.

HTH

---

Privoxy, and excluding certain sites from proxying
Authored by: grogglefroth on Oct 25, '03 02:40:13PM

I exclude the following; and software update works for me.
mac.com
apple.com
swscan.apple.com

Also, for techtracker.com's application, I exclude:
techtracker.com
versiontracker.com
client.versiontracker.com

s/w update
Authored by: LouieNet on Nov 02, '03 03:27:15AM
The fix is to turn off the demoronizer filter. The Privoxy bug report section has the description of the fix: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=754056&group_id=11118&atid=111118 The latest version might even have that filter turned off by default.

---