Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'AvantGo is back on Mac OS X for USB Palm devices' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
AvantGo is back on Mac OS X for USB Palm devices
Authored by: joeholmes on Oct 15, '03 12:13:34PM

Well -- I can almost get this to work. I hotsync my USB Treo 90 on a PowerMac G4 dual 450 running OS X 10.2.8. The hotsync works flawlessly, normally.

I launched this new Avantgo bridge software and followed all directions, and it looks like it ought to work. The "USB Port Status" reports that my Palm is connected, and the "TCP Socket Status" reports that's made a connection.

But no data is transferred. Though it's not supposed to be required, I turned off normal hotsync. Is there a port I need to open in my Netgear firewall? I tried turning off the System Pref's firewall but that did no good. I'm guessing here...

Anyone else get this to work?

-=-Joe

AvantGo is back on Mac OS X for USB Palm devices
Authored by: Latent on Oct 15, '03 12:18:12PM

Same situation here. No transfer happening.

Sync happens, but no data gets transferred
Authored by: wscody on Oct 15, '03 12:27:23PM

I have the same problem. The Sync happens, but there's no data transferred from the Avant Go site to my Palm.

What's the secret?

The key is to disable HotSync Mgr.
Authored by: pairof9s on Oct 15, '03 01:10:23PM
I too had problems getting this to connect and sync. Following some others advice, I opened HotSync Manager and set it to "Disabled"; quit HotSync Mgr. and then open AvantGo USB Bridge.

You should have success upon syncing. Also, be sure your server (sync.avantgo.com, port 80) and account settings are correct (check AvantGo website) on your Palm through AG Connect.

I've had nothing but success since then and boy is it great to have AvantGo back on my Palm!!

Pilot-Link does not compile
Authored by: macubergeek on Oct 15, '03 08:06:55PM

followed the instructions, what little there were
pilot-link DOES NOT COMPILE
gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/pilot-datebook getopt.o getopt1.o parsedate.o pilot-datebook.o pilot-datebook-compare.o pilot-datebook-csv.o pilot-datebook-data.o pilot-datebook-hotsync.o pilot-datebook-ical.o pilot-datebook-io.o pilot-datebook-job.o pilot-datebook-joblist.o pilot-datebook-longtxt.o pilot-datebook-pdb.o pilot-datebook-remind.o pilot-datebook-shorttxt.o pilot-datebook-sort.o pilot-datebook-update.o pilot-datebook-windat.o -L../../libpisock/.libs -lpisock -lreadline
ld: can't locate file for: -lreadline
make[3]: *** [pilot-datebook] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

While I appreciate the effort put forward, the result is still crap
sorry

Pilot-Link does not compile
Authored by: eduo on Oct 17, '03 04:17:03PM

My friend, you are no geek and for sure not an "uber" one either.

The result is not crap. What you sent in your comment had NOTHING to do with the original post. No compiling is necessary, not is running any pilot-link.

You only need pilot-link if you're either too astray from the original instructions or if you're stubbornly deciding to use a third-party sync tool, in which case the original instructions have NOTHING to do with your problems.

I do agree in one thing, tho'. Pilot-link is pure crap.

---
Eduo

AvantGo is back on Mac OS X for USB Palm devices
Authored by: DaveA on Feb 04, '04 09:58:03PM

FWIW, and thanks to the info on this thread, I got AvantGo working on a Tungsten E (with the USB cable plugged into the keyboard port). Running Panther 10.3.2 on a G4.