Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Closing minimized windows' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Closing minimized windows
Authored by: englabenny on Jun 18, '03 03:43:19PM

It seems it only works on finder windows.

Closing minimized windows
Authored by: zeb on Jun 18, '03 04:49:00PM

oddly, this is true for me too. I can get it to work in: Finder, iTunes, BBEdit 7.0, and Amadeus II for starters (I didn't test every app). I wonder what the difference is between how these and other apps implement their own "close" commands.

---
..:: Zeb ::..

zebellis.com

Closing minimized windows (CARBON?)
Authored by: a1291762 on Jun 18, '03 06:53:47PM

If it works on those apps, perhaps it relies on carbon?

Closing minimized windows (CARBON?)
Authored by: englabenny on Jun 18, '03 08:14:34PM

That seems to be the case.. No wonder apple hasn't got this funtion into a public release then..

Closing minimized windows (CARBON?)
Authored by: djLOKI on Jun 20, '03 04:14:02PM

OK I thought I'd spent the last 2 years a little too high or something, as I could have sworn there had been a "close" option in the Developer preview relseases, and I think that Jag preview had it also.

There was also a cool "yield" traffic sign that popped over the dock icon of an unresponsive application, and now that I think of it, you could choose to minimize applications to the dock or desktop.

Hey, anybody out there got a copy of the "old" music player, about DP3 release time or so? I'd like to get my hands on it.

TIA!

RE: Music Player
Authored by: cybergoober on Jun 20, '03 05:51:34PM

I tried to copy it off of the Public Beta onto a system running Jaguar. It didn't work.

RE: Music Player
Authored by: djLOKI on Jun 27, '03 07:38:02AM

Bummer, I really liked that little player. Oh well, thanks for the reply!

Guess what's back in Black Cat!!
Authored by: djLOKI on Jun 27, '03 07:47:22AM

So I'm messing around with this 10.3 installation freshly "re"installed on my iBook 2003 Turbo SE. (Note I ended up installing twice, first time around was a trial as upgrading from 10.2.6, let's just hope that this feature is "fixed" for the final release as half my apps didn't work after the upgrade of a VERY vanilla starting point.) Installing as a new install worked fine...I degress.

Anyway, the "close" option is back in the dock contextual menu for everything I've tried so far, "Steel" finder windows and all!