Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'OpenOffice.org' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
OpenOffice.org
Authored by: lebowski on Jan 08, '03 11:39:28AM

For those of you without M$ Office v.X, or if have it but want to get rid of it, you'll be pleased to know that with this release by apple you can run OpenOffice.org on OS X with ease!

Unfortunately an OS X native version is a long way off still, but this will do fie until then. It's no slow at all - easly as fast as M$ Office on my iMac (and u don't have to switch between apps to open .doc/.xls/.ppt files, all of which open perfectly in OO!!).

L.

OpenOffice.org
Authored by: uisdean on Jan 08, '03 09:48:23PM

That's intereesting that you can get OO to run. I couldn't. I'm getting error's like:

salogl.cxx/GetOGLFnc(): Could not load symbol glFlush
dyld: /Applications/OpenOffice.org1.0.1/program/soffice.bin Undefined symbols:
OpenGL undefined reference to _gll_noop expected to be defined in /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
OpenGL undefined reference to _gll_pkey expected to be defined in /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
Trace/BPT trap

I have no clue what these might mean. I'm using the script that was given at the end of the installation process to run OO.

OpenOffice.org
Authored by: quentinsf on Jan 09, '03 04:17:32AM
If X is already running, you can start OpenOffice with something like:
/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.0.1/program/soffice (That's what I put in the X Applications menu) I suspect the script may not be your problem, though...

OpenOffice.org works from applications menu
Authored by: uisdean on Jan 09, '03 07:54:18AM

Thanks! the script was somehow the problem. Putting soffice into the xwindows application menu, as you described, works.

OpenOffice.org
Authored by: quentinsf on Jan 09, '03 04:38:33AM

I notice the System Requirements on the download page:

Mac OS X v.10.2 "Jaguar" or later.
GL Direct Rendering requires v.10.2.3.

Could the latter be your problem?

OpenOffice.org
Authored by: jermq on Jan 09, '03 07:08:38AM

Which version do you download to get one that runs under X.11 on MacOSX?