Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'iTunes 11: Use the MiniPlayer with iTunes in full-screen mode' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
iTunes 11: Use the MiniPlayer with iTunes in full-screen mode
Authored by: photonphantom on Nov 30, '12 10:35:22AM

I don't see an option in the dock to set iTunes to "show on all desktops via the Dock". How do I get that to work?

iTunes 11: Use the MiniPlayer with iTunes in full-screen mode
Authored by: jessedouglas on Nov 30, '12 03:41:11PM

Yeah I don't understand this either. I see no options in the context menus for "show on all desktops."

iTunes 11: Use the MiniPlayer with iTunes in full-screen mode
Authored by: vgz on Nov 30, '12 05:06:24PM

Sorry, I should've been more clear when I submitted the hint (and yes, I do fell a bit foolish for not noticing that I had been logged out of the site when submitting >.<). If you click and hold/right-click/control-click/two-finger-click on iTunes in the Dock in Lion or Mountain Lion, you'll see an 'Options' submenu. In that submenu you'll see an 'Assign To' section with one of the options being 'All Desktops'.

---
VGZ:
Otaku, Fanfic author, and Mac Fanatic

iTunes 11: Use the MiniPlayer with iTunes in full-screen mode
Authored by: kbradnam on Nov 30, '12 09:04:57PM

I had this problem too. Possibly because I had added the old versions of iTunes to my dock and I was still getting the v10 icon from the new (v11) iTunes. I quit iTunes, dragged the old iTunes icon out of the dock, and then relaunched iTunes. This seemed to work for me.

iTunes 11: Use the MiniPlayer with iTunes in full-screen mode
Authored by: duyquan88 on Dec 02, '12 08:18:33PM

This seemed to work for me.

iTunes 11: Use the MiniPlayer with iTunes in full-screen mode
Authored by: jediknil on Dec 10, '12 08:42:32PM
Turns out you have to have at least two non-full-screen desktops for the "Assign To" submenu to show up under "Options". You can set this up by going into Mission Control and mousing over to the top-right corner of the screen, then clicking on the "+" that shows up. Once you've set the setting in iTunes's Options menu, though, you can get rid of the second desktop.