Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Have iPhone New Mail alert vibrate only' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Have iPhone New Mail alert vibrate only
Authored by: interlard on Sep 12, '12 08:08:42AM

This is the first I've heard about the iPhone not having an option for silent alerts (other than turning them all off with that switch). That's really sad.

Have iPhone New Mail alert vibrate only
Authored by: tempel on Sep 12, '12 10:15:30AM

What's even worse is that the iPhone doesn't have an "increasing volume" ring option, like it was available with practically any other phone I used to have (Sony Ericsson, Nokia).

I hate it that I can't have the iPhone start a ring with a low volume and then have it increased over the next 15-20 seconds so that it won't blast away at max volume at first, nor be too silent when I'm in a noisy area. I'd have to create my own volume-increasing ringtone for that, but how?

Also, the vibration sucks in comparison to my own "classic" phones - I hardly ever notice it, while I noticed my Nokia and SE often enough.

Lastly, I'd very much like to see an indicator in the iPhone's status bar to remind me if the "silent" switch on the side is engaged, as I never remember to check it, but I keep looking at the status bar.

Meh.

Have iPhone New Mail alert vibrate only
Authored by: hobbster on Sep 12, '12 05:53:54PM

Not sure where I got it, but here's a progressive ringtone if ya want it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27696/Progressive.m4r

Have iPhone New Mail alert vibrate only
Authored by: david-bo on Sep 13, '12 12:35:46AM

I used Amadeus to create a progressive ring tone. Almost any sound format can be used as source.

---
link

Have iPhone New Mail alert vibrate only
Authored by: tempel on Sep 13, '12 02:54:42AM

Ah, "Fade In". Yes, got it. Thanks!

Have iPhone New Mail alert vibrate only
Authored by: daibo on Sep 12, '12 01:18:14PM

That's because if you go to Settings -> Sounds -> New Mail and press "None" then this isn't an issue. I don't know how this was missed.

Have iPhone New Mail alert vibrate only
Authored by: hobbster on Sep 14, '12 08:56:50AM

Because that oddly disables the vibration as well.