Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!


Click here to return to the 'Install recent versions of Adobe Creative Suite on case-sensitive volumes' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Install recent versions of Adobe Creative Suite on case-sensitive volumes
Authored by: benhuh on Jan 21, '12 08:45:38PM

Hi arcticmac. Thanks a lot for the useful article.
I tried the "considerably cleaner method" link. It took me a while, but I eventually managed to finish the installation.
And I ran your "fix_case.pl" code, which reported to have made the following fixes:

working on app: /Users/ben/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS5.1/Adobe Illustrator.app
fixing frameworks
linking adobepdfsettings.framework
renaming AdobeBibUtils.framework
renaming Adbeape.framework
linking adobe_oobe_launcher.framework
linking AdobePDFSettings.Framework
linking PlugInRes.aip

But when I try to run the Illustrator I get an error message saying
"Adobe Illustrator cannot be opened because of a problem..."
with Ignore and Report buttons. When I press Report, I see a more detailed error message:

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/AdobeBIBUtils.framework/Versions/A/AdobeBIBUtils
Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS5.1/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Illustrator
Reason: image not found

Then, I checked the directories under /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS5.1/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/Frameworks and found the sub-directories still have the wrong capitalizations... So I manually changed /AdobeBibUtils.framework to /AdobeBIBUtils.framework and then
I got another error message for /Adbeape.framework, so I changed it to /adbeape.framework as well.

Then, interestingly, I get a different error message, without any buttons..
"The localized resource files for this application could not be loaded. Please reinstall or repair the application and try again."

I am not very good at solving these matters, and I'm quite stuck now. Can you please tell me what the problem might be? Thanks so much.



[ Reply to This | # ]
Install recent versions of Adobe Creative Suite on case-sensitive volumes
Authored by: arcticmac on Jan 23, '12 08:48:30AM

Hm... that kinda looks like the script just didn't manage to make the changes it claimed to for some reason; I'm not sure why not, since it claimed to make those two changes you mentioned. I suppose there's some chance it might help if you re-ran the script with admin permissions (i.e. sudo fix_case.pl ...). If that continues not to work, you're basically looking at maybe doing some of the steps by hand. If you look at the script, under each one of the log statements you mentioned, there's a command that's either "rename" or "symlink". It sounds like you may need to do all of those steps by hand at some point (if you didn't get the script to actually do them), so it might be worth doing them now.

In particular, the one you're stuck at right now (which was the hardest to figure out), is the one for PluginRes.aip. If you open a terminal and do

cd /Users/ben/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS5.1/Adobe Illustrator.app/Required/Resources/en_US/
ln -s PlugInRes.aip PluginRes.aip


[ Reply to This | # ]